Cee (The Mistress Case)'s Reviews > Hit

Hit by Delilah S. Dawson

Apr 01, 2015

liked it
bookshelves: dystopia

I am indecisive about how to feel about the plot. It makes sense, but at the same time, it's not a believable pre-dystopia world for me. Not that I'm saying the possibility can't be real because I do love how this book is like a slap to the materialistic society in America.

The events fucked up the heroine. She wasn't some kid that the author forced to possess a bravado just so nothing could tear the heroine down. She had to make hard and reckless choices, and she acted and reacted realistically. She broke down, but she kept going too. However, I got too easily bored with her narration and the attempts at humor. She makes so many metaphors/similes throughout the story that reading it was like swallowing sand. Dry and mundane.
How fucking interesting. Now can you move on.
Other than that, I liked her portrayal as a struggling teenager.

It's funny how I warmed up to the romance right away, even though it was illogical. Someone kills your dad (even if you don't like your dad) in cold blood and you're going to go and risk your life for her? Wtf? That's just twisted. Still, it was a bit funny how it played out. My favorite scene: the boner scene. It was wonderfully awkward ;)

Back to the plot: I thought Hit was a standalone when I first started reading. Seeing how there were only more questions, it was frustrating. I'm not intrigued and I won't read the sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hit.

April 1, 2015 – Shelved