Cindy's Reviews > Pretty Little Liars

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard

Oct 01, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, pretty-little-liars-series, they-made-a-tv-show, by-sara-shepard
Read in October, 2010

I really didn't want to buy this book. When I first saw the commercial for the tv show I didn't even know it was based on a book. For the record, I've never watched the show but I'll admit, the commercials have intrigued me.

Today when I saw the books on the shelf at Target the connection clicked and I had a chicken/egg moment. Was the show based on the book or was the book based on the show? Plus the cover kind of sucked me in. So I picked it up. I read the back cover blurb. Then I read the inside blurb. Then I flipped to the first chapter and read the first page.

Then I dumped it in my cart and kept moving before I swept the entire series in after it.

It's not a long book and it's not really mentally taxing, but it's been a couple of months since I read a book in a single sitting. Now I'm trying to decide if I have time to go to Target before I go in to work tomorrow or if I should just wait until after? But what if I'm too tired after work? Yeah, I'll definitely be going in the morning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Little Liars.

06/30/2016 marked as: read