ekarifin's Reviews > V is for Virgin

V is for Virgin by Kelly Oram

bookshelves: book-in-english, romance, series-book, young-adult, goodreads-reading-challenge-2015

Hah... after Cinder & Ella, I decided to stop reading all kinds of romance book because too much dose of romance could make my head dizzy... However, romance also one kind of genre that could assist me neutralizing the doze of work pressure in my head. Besides, after two days ago I read The Avery Shaw Experience, I cannot find better romance books but Kelly Oram's. So, V is for Virgin is the next choice.

It is easy reading and I just need like 3 hours to finish reading the book and then continue reading A for Abstinence, but all of the sudden, on 5 PM (can you believe it, 5 PM???) my boss call a meeting for all estate managers and as usual I ended in the middle. So, I lost like 2 hours of my reading time and once I reach home, I found bed much more appealing than anything else.

V is for Virgin is a very interesting story. I've read a lot of books, especially YA books which include sex issue for high schooler; and no matter how much the book I've read, I still feel exaggerate toward the issue. I mean, come on, is sex that important (red: hard to avoid/resist) for teenagers out there? I know, I know, there are some kinds of culture difference and mindset, besides I've never been among them. My high school experience was pretty normal and I think high school is not really change much after I left it 11 years ago, at least in Indonesia.

And because of my conservative point of view, I love Valerie the way she is, not only her courage to stand tall for something she believes the most, but also because of the idea of 'waiting until marriage'. Yup, the reason behind her 'waiting until marriage' is actually more and less the same with the reasons why we, Indonesian , decided the same way; but the difference is it is already part of our culture in Indonesia so it's not that difficult though right now that kind of culture is already in big question mark, but still being virgin until marriage is a very big deal for us here.

Anyway, because of this book, I'm officially Kelly Oram's big fan because not much book with American lifestyle setting is in this kind of zone/topic.

e

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read V is for Virgin.

Started Reading