Silver James's Reviews > Silver Bastard

Silver Bastard by Joanna Wylde

Apr 01, 2015

bookshelves: 2015-books-read, keeper, audio-books, 2016-books-read, auto-buy-series, dark-and-dirty, motorcycle, reread, romance, 2017-books-read, suspense, 2018-books-read
Read 4 times. Last read May 13, 2018 to May 14, 2018.

Silver Bastard (Silver Valley, #1) by Joanna Wylde Yup, it's that time again--yearly reread. Still love Puck's intensity and Bex stil has a big dose of crazysauce. And, still waiting for the bonus story to come to fruition.

This series seems to have hit my "yearly re-read" list. There's just something decadent about a down and dirty read and these books are definitely down and dirty. Puck is a good guy and Becca has a touch of crazy that is both a little cute and a bit scary. Given her history, I'm not surprised. Makes for an intense read. I keep hoping for the book teased at in the bonus to come about. Some day.

[Orig. review] I didn't realize I hadn't reviewed this book the first time around. Rated, yes, but not reviewed. I just finished a "reread" of the book by listening to the audio version. This story veers away from the on-going plot lines in the Reapers MC and explores characters in the allied MC, the Silver Bastards. This is the story of Puck and the girl he fell in love with and waited years to finally claim. There's lots of tension and a couple of OMG, she's TSTL moments, but given the character, I just gritted my teeth and went with the flow because her actions were understandable given her personality, background, and circumstances. I enjoyed the two narrators, Allyson Ryan and Jonathon McLain so I'm glad I splurged on the audio version to add to my Kindle edition.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver Bastard.

April 1, 2015 – Shelved