Karen's Reviews > Can't Wait to Get to Heaven

Oct 01, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: book-group-choice, light-hearted
Read in September, 2010

Thoroughly enjoyed this "What is the meaning of life?" book. I'm just tough in granting stars. Three means I definitely liked the book. Four means it was very good. I hardly ever give fives; would mean that it was one of the best books ever!

I like deep books on this subject such as Frankl's "Mans Search for Meaning", Fromm's "Art of Loving", Kushner's "When Bad Things Happen to Good People", and others, but reading this light novel reminded me that it is best to keep philosophy as simple as the Golden Rule.

When bad things do happen in real life, I always bristle when people say that things happen for a reason - or that all will work out. Still, it was nice to read this upbeat story. It was a reminder that a person cannot always make changes according to his or her time table.

NEXT SENTENCE MAY BE A SLIGHT SPOILER

Norma changed when she was ready, not when others wanted her to. (Of course, the support of others probably did enable her to change when she would not have been able to do so alone.)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can't Wait to Get to Heaven.