Matthew's Reviews > Frog Music

Frog Music by Emma Donoghue

bookshelves: gr_awards_2015, 2015, audio, library, historical-fiction

This book is probably between 3 and 4 stars for me. I would probably not have read it if it was not for having read Room a few years ago. However, this book is nothing like Room.

The story and the characters were very interesting. The descriptions of the locales was pretty good as well. I think this is a story that will be enjoyable to historical fiction buffs.

My only criticism - and I am sure not all will agree - is that the descriptions went a little far at points with no other purpose except to be titillating. Extreme enough that I worry about recommending this to some people as I am not sure if it will be too much for them.

Other than that - pretty good!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frog Music.

March 31, 2015 – Shelved
April 28, 2015 –
April 29, 2015 –
May 1, 2015 –
May 2, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Eileen (new) - added it

Eileen I really enjoyed Room and liked her writing style, so maybe I will give this a go. Another friend of mine loved this and recommended it, so it may be worth checking out.

Matthew Eileen wrote: "I really enjoyed Room and liked her writing style, so maybe I will give this a go. Another friend of mine loved this and recommended it, so it may be worth checking out."

It definitely very different from Room. I do not think my wife ended up liking this one, but she did like Room. So it could very easily go either way. I hope for you it is on the positive side!

message 3: by Eileen (new) - added it

Eileen Matthew wrote: "I hope for you it is on the positive side!"

Time will tell!

Matthew Eileen wrote: "Matthew wrote: "I hope for you it is on the positive side!"

Time will tell!"