Akeisha -Til' The Last Page BB's Reviews > Hooked

Hooked by Christine Manzari

Mar 31, 2015

Reviewed by: Akeisha

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

From the first page Hooked by Christine Manzari was light and fun. Once I started reading it there was no way I was putting it down until I was finished. I must admit I wanted more at the end of the book but for me once I enjoy a story I never want the character's story to end. I hope Christine sees this and thinks about giving us a little more Cat and Huck or even a story about Cat's best friend Jay.

Characters:
Cat was a different type of female lead. She didn't have the typical long blonde hair and blue eyes I read about often. She was a woman with tattoo's, who skates and isn't afraid of being herself. Cat or Cate is fun, outspoken and basically did whatever she wanted. Cat doesn't let anyone get close to her but her best friend Jay. One night Cat walks over to Huck to inquiry about his stalking abilities and the rest is history.

Huck always found something interesting about Cat and he couldn't stop staring. I enjoyed Huck's character. He was also funny and when he found something he wanted he went after it hard.

Both of their worlds collide and both Cat and Huck must find a way to cope with what faith has thrown them. Huck isn't ready to give up on Cat and Cat is a stubborn, feisty girl.

Overall, I enjoyed Hooked. The characters worked well together, it was an easy read as I didn't feel like the story dragged. All the characters had me laughing and some point or another with their antics. Christine did a great job and it showed through her writing.

I will definitely recommend Hooked to anyone looking or a light and romantic read.

Favourite Quote:
“ I can't believe it. You're Cate Maverick, the Wicket Bitch of the West Coast”....... Wicked Bitch of the west Coast? I may have taken a swing at his face. Yup. Totally punched him in his perfect, smirking, mouth”
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hooked.

Started Reading