Larissa's Reviews > My Soul to Steal

My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent

Sep 30, 2010

bookshelves: to-review, netgalley

Previously Published on my blog: Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life

*contain VERY minor spoilers if you haven’t read the previous books in the series

I have been having a hard time getting into Y.A. for a while now, but there a couple book series that just I can help but love and look forward to each and every installment. Rachel Vincent’s Soul Screamers series is definitely one of them.

First of all, Rachel sets herself off the pack because she has created such an original world that you can’t help but feel fascinated by it. Secondly, she write very real characters and escapes the cliché traps that a lot of authors fall victim of in the Paranormal Y.A. genre.

Kaylee is a very strong and independent heroine. She has been lied to, betrayed, hunted and almost killed; one might call her a victim, but I call her a survivor that has no intention of letting her circumstances dictate her life. Is she perfect? Of course not, she has no idea what to do at times and she can be very naive sometimes, but she is strong, determined and honorable.

I love how much Kaylee has evolved throughout the series, her ordeal in My Soul To Keep was grueling and most teenage girl might have succumbed to depression, but never Kaylee.

In My Soul To Keep Her boyfriend, fellow bean sidhe (banshee) Nash kept a horrible secret from her and hurt her deeply, now in My Soul To Steal, Kaylee needs to deal with the consequences and decide if their love is worth fighting for. But when Nash’s ex-girlfriend transfer to their school, everything seems to go haywire, even her chance of a happily ever after with the boy she loves.

Even though My Soul To Steal has considerably less action than My Soul To Keep, this latest installment has left nothing to be desired. A powerful novel in on itself, My Soul To Steal deals with themes very much present in teenagers lives like love, betrayal, lust; while also delving into the fantastical world of supernatural creatures and monsters.

Another great addition to an already amazing series! Rachel Vincent does it again and I can’t wait for more! If you love reading Paranormal YA novels, you should absolutely check out this wonderful series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Steal.

11/14/2010 page 352
100.0% "Awesome book! Review coming soon! =D"