Ashley's Reviews > Timeless

Timeless by Gail Carriger

Gonna keep this short because I feel like I've already said most of what I want to say about this series in the previous four reviews I've written for it. It's fluffy. It's fun. It's got benevolent supernatural creatures in it who faff around being supernatural and adorable. It's got puns. It's got dirigibles. It's got smoochies. And this one has pyramids and mummies in it. If you liked the first four books, you will probably like this one, too, although the ending was a bit of a shocker and I had to think on it a couple of days before deciding on a rating.

The focus here is the characters, so while there is arguably a "plot" (instigated by the disappearance/murder of the Kingair werewolf pack's beta on a trip to Egypt, and a request from the oldest living vampire queen to meet Alexia and Lord Maccon's two year old daughter, Prudence, who has the ability to temporarily steal the powers of supernatural creatures), you're really showing up to watch them do their thing, no matter the setting.

I was particularly satisfied with the endings for Alexia and Lord Maccon (which resolves an issue I'd been wondering about since book one) and for dear Biffy, who once wanted to be a vampire, but ended up being stuck as a werewolf instead. Biffy ended up being my favorite part of this series, which I did not see coming after book one (which still remains my favorite).

I'm gonna take a bit of a Carriger break, and then it's on to her YA series, and the two (so far) books that follow a grown up Prudence.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeless.

March 30, 2015 – Shelved
March 30, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
May 13, 2016 –
9.0% "Biffy POV! Biffy POV! \n \n Also, kinda weird that both books I'm reading right now involve small children shifting back and forth from wolf cubs."
May 13, 2016 –
22.0% "Lord Maccon being naked whenever and wherever--middle of the street, who cares!--never stops being funny."
Started Reading
May 14, 2016 –
46.0% "I'm so glad Biffy has finally moved on from Lord Akeldama. All that pining was making me sadface."
May 14, 2016 –
69.0% "I would feel sorrier for that stupid werewolf husband of hers if he hadn't done something just as "unforgivable" to her and never really apologized for it to my satisfaction."
May 14, 2016 – Finished Reading