Jessica at Book Sake's Reviews > Kasey to the Rescue: The Remarkable Story of a Monkey and a Miracle

Kasey to the Rescue by Ellen Rogers

Sep 30, 2010

I was crying before I made it past page 4, that tells you how well written and emotionally involved this story is. As it is a true story, it was even more touching. The format that Ellen Rogers used worked perfectly. She brings us along for the journey she and her family were on while her son was fighting for his life. She fills us in on what Kasey (the monkey) was up to at different stages of his. This book isn’t all about the monkey, it is about family, the strength of a person, and the will to live, but Kasey does play a large role in the second half of the book.

I continued to cry throughout the book, tears of despair, of sadness, of happiness, of joy. This one story covers it all. As I am currently in nursing school, some parts about the caregivers made me take notice (and realize that others are paying attention as well). This is the type of story that makes you aware of what people are capable of when they have the strength, desire, and support system available. It's a book to be enjoyed and treasured by anyone who has ever lived, because we have all had to go through something difficult, this story helps to put things in perspective and the family is one to admire.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kasey to the Rescue.