AH's Reviews > Conquest Earth

Conquest Earth by William Manchee

Sep 30, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: first-reads, science-fiction, zzread-dec-2010, to-give-away

I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. The book arrived with the first two volumes in MP3 form. This review is based on the third book.

A few things bothered me about this book. First of all, the font kept changing. I have never seen that before. The book is set in a very small type then suddenly it reverts to a larger and more comfortable type. Then back to small type. A little distracting for the reader.

I had difficulty staying interested in the story. I found that there were a lot of characters with weird names to keep track of. I wasn't sure who the good guys were or the bad guys. There was a lot going on and it was a little confusing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Conquest Earth.

September 30, 2010 – Shelved
December 6, 2010 – Started Reading
page 1
0.28% "Nice cover art."
page 8
2.24% "I did not get a chance to listen to books 1 and 2 on CD - I'm a little lost - there are a lot of characters. So far, not bad...."
page 29
8.12% "Have you ever read a book where the font changes randomly? It's weird and distracting. I like the larger font - it is normal sized and easy on the eyes."
December 7, 2010 –
page 55
15.41% "There is a lot of dialogue in this book - almost as if it were written to be a screen play rather than a novel. Leek is on the Earth bound shuttle to warn the Earthlings of an impending attack."
December 15, 2010 –
page 71
December 25, 2010 – Finished Reading

Greta is Erikasbuddy Uber hates it when authors give everyone weird names. I can never keep up with them when they do that.

OH! And I totally gets ya! I wouldn't want the font to change like that either. I like BIG BIG BIG grandma font ;) Makes it easier on the peepers

Sorry it wasn't an out of this word adventure for ya

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine It's insanely distracting when the font changes in a book. It always snaps me out of the story.

message 3: by AH (new) - rated it 2 stars

AH Catherine wrote: "It's insanely distracting when the font changes in a book. It always snaps me out of the story."

I guess it beats spelling errors.

message 4: by Catherine (new)

Catherine That's true.