Tintin's Reviews > Three to Get Deadly

Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich

Sep 30, 2010

bookshelves: ebook
Recommended for: anyone who wants a good laugh

By the 3rd installment, I was beginning to feel that Stephanie Plum's act getting old. But as usual, the stellar cast of characters saved this novel from the 3-star pile. The star of the stars, of course, is Joe Morelli. Just as I was getting bored of Stephanie's dead-ended surveillances and botched apprehensions, Morelli and his sexy butt would waltz in and sweep me off my feet. Damn I haven't been in love with a fictional character in a long time. He really spices things up, and the main reason why I'm letting this book get away with 4 stars is because of the ending, which is full of Joe Morelli, flirting, and innuendo-loaded talk. Hawt and the best way to end a story.

More of my favorite characters appeared, especially Lula and a bit of Granma Mazur, who brought a boyfriend home. A lot of the dialogue is still laugh-out-loud funny, which is the second saving grace of the book, because in my mind, the characters, not the plot, take center stage in a Stephanie Plum novel. I actually think I lost track of the villains somewhere in the middle.

Ranger gets a more detailed treatment and I found Lula's theory of him as a superhero hilarious. Ranger's sexy points have gone up several notches, giving the possibility of Morelli having to fight for the top spot as hottest character in later books. But dang, Ranger may be buffer and hotter but Morelli oozes bucketloads of CHARM.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three to Get Deadly.