Naughty Mom Story Time's Reviews > Brisé

Brisé by Leigh Ann Lunsford

Highly emotional and soul wrenching.

This being a first for me from Leigh Ann Lungsford, I'm thankful it was Brisè. In this story she shares with us an epic and unforgettable love between Lucas Nichols and Phoebe Wells.

What can I say about Lucas??? Oh goodness. Never have I come across a story where the love "he" feels for "her" is so strong, pure and all consuming. At the age of 7, he's told to look after 4 year old Phoebe and from that point on, a friendship grows and strengthens throughout the years. His plan for building a future with Phoebe was admirable and inspiring. His love and devotion for her was so palpable, I felt jealous at times.

Phoebe was a strong character in her own right. Her love for Lucas rivaled his love for her. They truly had a connection so intense that it was apparent they were not just soulmates but of the same soul. That's how interconnected they are.

With all that being said, it wasn't all roses for them. A reoccurring illness threatens to take it all away. Stubbornness and misguided intentions pull them apart. It broke my heart to feel their pain. I haven't cried so much in ages but this book tears streaming down my face...more than once.

Leigh Ann Lunsford has a new fan in me and I look forward to reading much much more.

*a copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brisé.

March 29, 2015 – Started Reading