Clay Tilton's Reviews > The Eternal Prison

The Eternal Prison by Jeff Somers

M 50x66
Sep 29, 2010

Read from September 29 to November 14, 2010

This book really took me for a ride, as it was very action packed and mind blowing. Near the middle, it got really interesting with who was telling the story, because it always seems to be two people(which are the same person), and then when those two people met, a huge plot twist unfolds. Every page turn brought another joke/action scene/plot twist. This book also went at just the right pace of time, even if it was slightly confusing who was dead and alive at what times and whatnot. I highly recommend this book to any si-fi fans. It may not be about zombies... or vampires... but it has all the action and suspense as any zombie apocalypse. Another good thing about this book is that it doesn't need you to read the previous stories in the series as it doesn't refer back to them as much, even though I highly recommend reading the whole series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eternal Prison.

09/29/2010 page 17
4.0% "I just started and already somebody died... I really hope that this book will be as exciting as the last one."
10/03/2010 page 50
13.0% "This book still grabs me with intensity with every page turn. There will always be a dark figure lurking around the corner for Mr. Cates."
10/10/2010 page 86
22.0% "This book still lives up to its name in the series. I still dislike how the main character is still a punching bag, even though he is one of the best gunners in the world."
10/18/2010 page 114
29.0% "*Spoiler* Mr. Cates always talks about the past and the future and the author makes it seem like he has already escaped the prison, but then he is still trapped inside. Other than that confusion, this book is still good."
10/31/2010 page 209
54.0% "The eternal prison is still not getting boring to read, but it still is getting more and more complicated. There seem to be two different point of views at two different times."
11/07/2010 page 260
67.0% "As they say THE PLOT THICKENS, two different stories, both by the same exact person at the same exact time. Cates never seems to win..."

message 1: by Jack (new)

Jack Crawford It seems like this book you read is a fast-paced ensemble of fair-balanced humor and action. Just from your description, you got me very interested in reading it!