Shelby *trains flying monkeys*'s Reviews > I Was Here

liked it
bookshelves: liburry-book, read-2015, young-adult
Recommended to Shelby *trains flying monkeys* by: Rachel Reads Ravenously

May contain spoilery!

Cody's best friend Meg has gone off to college and then she ends up committing suicide. Cody feels the guilt of not doing all she could to save her friend. She feels that it is partially her fault that her friend is gone.

She begins her search for answers and ends up finding an encrypted file on Meg's computer. With some help she gets it open and finds out that Meg has been participating with one of those awful sites that assist people with suicide. It's hard to imagine that something that vile actually exists.

This book packs a powerful punch and Forman seems to do very well with her characters being very realistic.
The thing I didn't care for in this book was the romancey stuff. Ben had "fucked" Meg..then he starts up with Cody. That's just not in my code. I don't believe in messing with someone that one of your girls has been involved with. Even if she is gone. Wrong, wrong, wrong. And it bugged me enough to distract me from the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Was Here.

March 28, 2015 – Shelved
March 29, 2015 – Started Reading
March 30, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

Rachel Reads Ravenously Glad you were able to enjoy! I agree, the romance seemed kind of last minute...

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Rachel ♥Reads Ravenously♥ wrote: "Glad you were able to enjoy! I agree, the romance seemed kind of last minute..."

It did. The book is heart-wrenching though. It's a pretty decent read.

message 3: by Carmen (new) - added it

Carmen I agree - that's against code.

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Carmen wrote: "I agree - that's against code."

*fist bump*

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Christina wrote: "Gayle Forman is AWESOME."

She is. I read one of her other books and it was really well done too.

Melanie I squirmed at all the Ben parts too. Esp since he destroyed meg's heart and Cody still ends up with him. To all of that I say-- Boo!!!

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Melanie wrote: "I squirmed at all the Ben parts too. Esp since he destroyed meg's heart and Cody still ends up with him. To all of that I say-- Boo!!!"

She should have hooked up with the stoner guy or the computer geek. I liked them better.

Melanie YESSSS!! Either one of them would have been WAY better!

message 9: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa J. *sighs* I haven't read one of her books yet. Great review!

Books are TARDIS I'm 100% Team Computer Geek, now that would have been so compelling :)

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Books are TARDIS wrote: "I'm 100% Team Computer Geek, now that would have been so compelling :)
The strength of the book is the mental health issues it deals with. The love story almost feels like an afterthought."

I didn't think it needed the love thing going. You are completely right...the strength was the mental health issue.

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Vane wrote: "*sighs* I haven't read one of her books yet. Great review!"

They are pretty good. Tear jerkers though, well at least the two I've read.

Elizabeth Hilderbrand I feel as if Cody knew that Meg would be ok with it knowing Cody loves Ben