Eclipse Reviews's Reviews > A Highland Knight's Desire

A Highland Knight's Desire by Amy Jarecki

bookshelves: highland-dynasty-series-by-amy-jare, fav-series

Duncan Campbell, son of the famous black night, accepts the call for assistance as the Earl of Angus sister is kidnapped by a vengeful English earl. But Duncan never envisioned finding a beautiful woman inside a church, no not at all, even worse her enchanting nature.

As they make a run for freedom Duncan is forced to split up his forces in an effort to draw the English off their trail and away from Lady Meg Douglas. With no other option he takes a detour to her home, and is forced to pass her off as his wife many times. But as the days past Duncan fights an even graver battle, trying to resist this fiery lass.

If he claims her, he would bring wrath upon his family and start a war. But his resolve around her is slipping with each passing moment. Can he do his duty as a knight, or would this battle be his first to lose?

If there is one thing Amy Jarecki provides with each book, it’s a never ending craving for more. Once again I was swept away so quickly that I didn’t even notice the day have past, still I clung to my reader eager to find out how Duncan and Meg would survive it all. Amy have a splendid talent to bring her characters to live and have them crawl into your heart and just stay there. I fell in love with Duncan and Meg instantly, and as more characters was introduced wanted to know even more about each one. I was a bit sad in one part of the book, it’s never easy saying goodbye to one of Amy’s characters, especially if they have already conquered your heart.

The emotional impact reading her novels are always breath taking. Amy have a talent to bring it all… love, anger, hatred, sadness, fear, angst… utter torture and ambrosia, all laced together in one spellbinding read. As for plots, Amy knows exactly how to drive a reader to the brink of insanity and then have us crashing back to that satisfied sigh. It was one hell of read and I am so delighted to know she has even more planned for us. A salute to the magnificent Author Amy Jarecki, and a very well deserved 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Highland Knight's Desire.

March 28, 2015 – Started Reading