Miakoda's Reviews > Chain Reaction

Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles

Sep 28, 2010

bookshelves: young-adult, romance, action, funny, own, realistic-fiction, school
Read in August, 2011

Luis' story and third companion to the perfect chemistry series gets a thumbs up for humor; I was, at the very beginning especially, so into Luis because he was funny...but then again, so were his brothers(I'm laughing just thinking about them). I'd say Nikki was a good pick for this story, she stood by what she believed in, which was really cool...she was however a bit looney sometimes but then again if I were her I'd probably be worse.

As an individual story, this book was really good but compared to Alex's and Carlos' story...It was just okay. It had some expected and repetitive events. But believe me when I tell you, Luis' story is a must read, trust me! I kind of felt like a yo-yo as I was reading this...a little something this:

Page ?? "Pwahaha! Pwahahaha! More! More!"
Page ?? "*rolls eyes* okay *smacks forehead* ugh"
Page ?? "Go Nikki! Go Nikki!"
Page ?? "No. Way!"

That pretty much raps up this review. Overall, a very good story if you like how the books' description sounds! A must for Simone Elkeles fans!

"Spanish Word of the Day": Pendejo - a spanish slang word for idiot, stupid or dumass.

LOL!

Because I'm judging the book on the story, not as the third book in the perfect chemistry series, it receives:

4/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chain Reaction.

message 1: by SimBim (new) - added it

SimBim You're not alone...

Sarah Alderson you really are not alone. When I was at S&S's office last week I practically got down on my knees and BEGGED them for an ARC. they didn't have any. :(

message 3: by Tammara (new)

Tammara Thanks for posting the video link! I'm looking forward to this one. :)

Miakoda BLIMEY! LOVED the ending of the Chain Reaction trailer; I just had to share the excitement!

message 5: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Sep 12, 2011 07:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Miakoda wrote: "Page ?? "Go Luis! Go Lu...-oh wait no! no! nooooo Luuuiiiisss, you idiot!!! : ("

LOL, Miakoda! I had that reaction, too! Love your summary of reactions. ^_^ Great review!

Miakoda Thanks Jane :)

message 7: by Carrie (new)

Carrie S OMG this review cracked me up!