Jane Stewart's Reviews > Watch Me

Watch Me by Brenda Novak

Sep 28, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: romantic-mystery-suspense

I enjoyed it, but it didn’t pull me in enough or surprise me enough to give it more stars. Mystery lovers should like it.

STORY BRIEF:
Cain was a loner and a magnet for women, but he never became emotionally attached. Sheridan fell for him when she was 15. They had a one-night encounter, and then he lost interest. She wanted to make him jealous so she went out one time with his brother Jason. Someone shot both Jason and Sheridan that night. Jason died. Sheridan survived. Her family then moved away. Twelve years later, the rifle is found. Sheridan hears of this and returns to town hoping to help solve the mystery. She is attacked and nearly killed. Cain is nearby and saves her. She plans to stay until the murderer is found. The police and others believe Cain killed Jason, but Sheridan does not.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
This was a good murder mystery with suspense and some romance. There are several different types of characters and several suspects. This is the third book in the Last Stand Trilogy. It can be read alone, you don’t need to read the first two books before reading this.

DATA:
Story length: 419 pages. Swearing language: strong. Sexual language: none/mild. Number of sex scenes: 3. Total number of sex scene pages: 10. Setting: current day Whiterock, Tennessee. Copyright: 2008. Genre: romantic mystery suspense.

OTHER BOOKS:
For a list of my reviews of other Brenda Novak books, see my 5 star review of “Dead Silence” posted 8/26/08.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Watch Me.