Tynga's Reviews > A Hunger Like No Other

A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole

Sep 28, 2010

bookshelves: favorites
Read in September, 2010 — I own a copy

Lachlain, the Lykae King, has been trapped in the catacombs under Paris, suffering torture by fire for 150 years when he smelled her: his mate. He has been roaming the earth for centuries to find her and here she was, just out of reach! The desire to finally be with her gave him the strength to break free from his prison but he was not ready for what he discovered, his mate is a vampire, certainly he must be insane… How could his mate be of the race he hunted for so long? Destiny must be laughing at his face.

First, let me thank Tori the Book Faery & the girls at Book Junkies for pushing me to read this series! I usually stay away from this kind of cover because I don’t normally like books with a lot of sex. Well, A Hunger Like no Other has a lot of sex and I loved it! The book… not the sex… ok ok the sex to! The way all the sensuality was handled was just perfect. I enjoyed the tension, the lust, Lachlain’s bestial need to be with Emma and the restrain he had to not hurt her/push her away. While all this sexual aspect is an important part of the story, it did not weight it down and it’s something very important for me.

Now that I got this element out of the way, let me talk to you about the characters. Lachlain is awesome! He is a total Alpha male, hot sexy, sultry, powerful and yet so fragile. He has been weakened by the torture he suffered but his greatest pain is the fear that Emma will refuse him. He has all the best intensions yet he does everything wrong. I really felt for him. Emma is all the opposite, she is a beautiful and fragile flower. Half-vampire, half-valkyrie and orphan, she grew up with no one she could really relate to. She’s scared of becoming a monster and she is sweet and innocent. It was a masterpiece to see their personalities clash together.

The plot was something special and I don’t want to give anything away but Kresley Cole had me hooked like a fish on a pole. The whole time I had no idea where all this was going and kept on following the shiny lure page after page until it was over. I really liked the end, everything unfolded so quickly to reveal many great surprises.

I strongly suggest this series to mature readers. Loved it and can’t wait to start reading the second book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Hunger Like No Other.