Vee Paige's Reviews > The Torn Up Marriage

The Torn Up Marriage by Caroline   Roberts

I don't know why I put myself through this difficult read. Maybe it's a way to shake up my reads when I'm drifting into a funk. Nothing like getting a dose of the reality of marriage. There's nothing to it, Michael was a selfish bastard and I really felt for Kate and the kids. I'm so glad we get Michael's POV as well. At first all I can think about whenever I read his POV was "Bastard. Moron. Asshole." however further into the book when he started to realize what he had done ... I was starting to feel a twitch of sympathy for him and maybe understand him a little. I really, really felt for him when he thought he messed up with Emily (his daughter) when she was sick. I would say I was fine with the ending, but I think I would have been okay as well if it didn't end that way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Torn Up Marriage.

Started Reading
March 26, 2015 – Shelved
March 26, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Geri Reads I'm so conflicted with the ending to. This was more HFN for me than HEA. The jury is still out if their marriage survives or not. But at least they tried. Great review, Vee. :)

message 2: by Vee (last edited Mar 27, 2015 07:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Paige I know. I just can't stomach how he took up with Sophie as if he couldn't live without her. I did enjoy it when their relationship started to unravel. I like it when he admitted he was trying to save (fix?) the wrong relationship.

I do want to see an extended epilogue, like maybe 20 years down the road. Trust is just so hard to earn back once it's lost.

I absolutely loved George.

Geri Reads Vee wrote: "I know. I just can't stomach how he took up with Sophie as if he couldn't live without her. I did enjoy it when their relationship started to unravel. I like it when he admitted he was trying to sa..."

Agreed. An extended epilogue would have assured readers that their marriage worked out in the end. Or maybe the author has plans for a second book? :D

Yes, George is wonderful. He was so disappointed with Michael, my heart broke for him. Twice.

message 4: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Paige Hah! I can see where Michael will need an entire book to grovel. :D

Geri Reads Vee wrote: "Hah! I can see where Michael will need an entire book to grovel. :D"

Yes! I am still mad at him. >:(

message 6: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Paige We could form a lynch mob. :)