Martha Sweeney's Reviews > Awoken

Awoken by Sarah Noffke

liked it

3.5 Stars . . .

The general concept of the story was very intriguing to me, especially since I've extensively studied the topics that are incorporated into the plot. There were some aspects that could have been developed further or expanded upon but were not, which would have caused a higher rating from me. I was really hoping to see this part of the story to be developed and cultivated into something more.

The story flowed nicely, but there were many aspects that made me feel like I was in another Hunger Games/Divergent/other YA Dystopia type characters and plot. A complaining heroine just doesn't do it for me, especially since it's another one who doesn't want to be the heroine, but at the same time does not like the idea of it being someone else.

I do plan on reading the next book, curious to see what will happen next, even though many of my assumptions to the love triangle and the results from the battle were exactly what I expected.

Looking forward to this author consider a different approach that would give the story and characters more depth.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awoken.

March 26, 2015 – Shelved
March 26, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
May 6, 2015 – Started Reading
May 7, 2015 –
page 26
8.33% "My curiosity is piqued. :)"
May 9, 2015 –