Pinky's Reviews > Oblivion

Oblivion by Jennifer L. Armentrout

bookshelves: books-i-want-to-own

Ok, before I start this review, I just want to say that this might be a horrible review. I know my timing is really bad because I have two exams tomorrow. Although I studied since the beginning of the semester, I am scared. I feel really pressured and have been studying for hours. So I decided to take a break and that break includes writing a review. :) I'm sorry I just couldn't help myself. I finished this book two days ago but everything is so crazy and I really wanted to write a review.

My reading experience with this book wasn't great to be honest. I'm not saying that this book was bad, I am trying to say that I read this when I felt really depressed. But luckily, after reading this book, I felt so much better. I feel like books are my therapy because they take me away from this world of stress and judgments from different people. I was reading this book and crying and suddenly, I forgot about myself because I was so into the story. Anyway, enough with my moody, depressing talk and on with the review! I need to finish this and get back to studying, I feel like i am making a huge mistake but oh well....

“Will you show me what you really look like? You don't sparkle, do you?”

I loved this series so much and I was so sad when the series ended. I enjoyed it so much but I avoided the series for so long because of the book covers. But in the end, it always ended up on my recommendation list so I decided to give it a shot. And I regretted all the days that I wasted because I missed out on so much. I wish the book covers have something other than a girl and boy all over each other. Anyway, I never knew that Oblivion was coming out and when it did, I was so excited. I ran to the library and got a copy as soon as possible!

My reaction to the release of Oblivion!:

Christ, are you secretly a ninja?”

If you haven't heard about the Lux series, it is basically about a girl named Kat who moves away. Her new home is not as normal as she thought it was because of her mysterious neighbors. After meeting a girl named Dee a super jumpy girl, Kat is excited to finally have made friends and felt like she could blend into her new home. That is until she meets Dee's older brother Daemon, the guy who wants nothing to do with Kat. Daemon wants Dee away from Kat, he seems over-protective and hates Kat. Kat does not know why Daemon hates her and why she can't be friends with Dee. She feels confused and curious, and is kind of attracted to someone she might hate. :) What is wrong with her neighbors and why are they so mysterious?

“You look like you got more of a bath than the car. I never
thought washing a car would be so hard, but after watching you for the last fifteen minutes, I’m convinced it should be an Olympic sport.”

I have always wanted to re-read this series because I missed the world and the characters. I missed everything about this series. But I couldn't re-read it because there were so many books that were coming out. I bought Winter and I haven't read it yet, I want to so badly but there is so much going on. Anyway, I was so happy that this book came out because it gave me an excuse to return back into a world I loved. Plus, it was in Daemon's point of view which makes it even better!

“I bet you think things through, right? Accept candy from strangers and get into vans with a sign that reads free Kittens?”

When I was reading this book, it made me remember how I felt about this book. It made me remember how much I enjoyed reading it.

I remember that one of the reasons of why I loved this series was because of how funny it was. It was hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing at everything. The characters were hilarious and I loved how everyone bonded. It was hard to hate characters because most of them were awesome and their dialogue was amazing.

“I was always able to lose myself in reading. Books were a necessary escape I always gladly jumped into headfirst.”

I remember that while I was reading this book, I was at a party. I had an exam in two days and I wanted to review. But I was stranded in this party, and a bunch of people that I didn't know were judging me. They were making me do things that I didn't want to do. I wanted to leave so badly but I couldn't. Luckily, I packed this book and it saved me. I couldn't bear another minute in this world. I needed an escape just like Kat. And I read and read, and before I knew it, the book was finished and my family was ready to leave. I am bring this up now because I was interrupted a lot while I was reading. And I was super annoyed and that is one of the reasons why my reading experience wasn't that great.

All I was thinking was:

“You look like you're twelve. No. Maybe thirteen, but my sister has this doll that kinda reminds me of you. All big-eyed and vacant.”

I highly recommend this book series to everyone! The first book is Obsidian and this is the last book in the series, and it's basically a retelling of the first book in Daemon's pov. If you have read the Lux series, you NEED to read this book, it is totally worth it and we get some of the missed scenes in the first book because it's from Daemon's pov. Now, I have to get back and study. This review may be horrible... And I'm sorry because this book deserves a better review...

"You look like the star atop the tree.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oblivion.

Quotes Pinky Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You’re not going to try to be her best friend foreva the moment you walk out of this house?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“And I also knew I needed to get off her before I engaged in total dumbassery.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I don’t know what you think we agreed on.”

“You love her.
I do. I love her.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You know what? I’ve got zero fucks to give when it comes to anything you’ve got to say.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“And because I was competing for world’s biggest dumbass, I stayed out there, in the trees, stomach grumbling like a damn engine, and helped her carry in box after box without her even knowing.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I called up Andrew, Adam’s twin and the Thompson brother who matched me in temperament and personality. In other words, we were fucking balls of sunshine.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I think you need to look in the mirror if you think that's gorgeous"
"Ha," Andrew said, grinning.
"We"re identical." Adam shook his head at his twin. "He's insulting both of us, you idiot”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Damn. That got me in the feels. Straight sucker punch.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I knew right then I would burn down the whole universe for her if I had to. I would do anything to keep her safe. Kill. Heal. Die. Anything. Because she was my everything.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“had said. The DOD and Daedalus believe my mutation wore off. Good news, right? But he’s desperate—more so than we realized. If we don’t”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I continued making the sexiest snow angel known to man.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Let’s finish with your snowman. It can’t be incomplete. Not with me here.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Only a handful of minutes ago, I'd seen the outline of her pass in front of the windows. Sadly, she was completely clothed.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I brushed the curtain aside, scowling. Hadn't even spoken to the girl and I felt like a stalker staring out the window, waiting once more...waiting for what? To catch a glimpse of her? Or to better prepare myself for the inevitable meeting?

If Dee saw me now, she'd be on the floor laughing.

And if Ash saw me right now, she'd scratch out my eyes and blast my new neighbor into outer space.”

March 25, 2015 – Shelved
March 25, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
January 20, 2016 – Started Reading
January 25, 2016 – Shelved as: books-i-want-to-own
January 25, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Aj the Ravenous Reader Excellent, detailed review, Pinky! Glad you loved the series and good luck on your exams^^

Pinky Thank you so much Aj and I'm gonna need that! :)

Pinky Veronica wrote: "Great review pinky."

Thank you Veronica!

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Maniacup Aww..so sorry that you didn't enjoy reading your favorite series,Pinky! It's was just a matter of wrong place,and wrong timing..But I enjoyed reading your not horrible,but very wonderful review,sweetie! So,cheer up,okay?^^Hope to read this soon!^^

Pinky Rachel wrote: "Aww..so sorry that you didn't enjoy reading your favorite series,Pinky! It's was just a matter of wrong place,and wrong timing..But I enjoyed reading your not horrible,but very wonderful review,swe..."

Thank you so much Rachel, your comments always make me feel better. You are awesome.

Diana Maria (Didaa) Oh, i love your review! I just ended the series and i really have to read this book! I am so glad that you loved it , that makes me more excited about reading it. I hope your exams are fine and that you can read without being interrupted

Pinky Thank you so much Didaa! I can't wait for you to read this book and hear your thoughts!

Naomi 🐨 Wonderful review, Pinky! I hope everything went well for you with your exams :-) Studying can be so stressful. I will have have to finish reading this series - I read the first two books and loved them. Wishing you some long uninterrupted reading time coming your way! ❤️

Pinky Naomi wrote: "Wonderful review, Pinky! I hope everything went well for you with your exams :-) Studying can be so stressful. I will have have to finish reading this series - I read the first two books and loved ..."

Thank you so much Naomi! I know right, it's so much stress! I can't wait until you read this series!