Beverly's Reviews > A Perfect Ten

A Perfect Ten by Linda Kage

If you have read my reviews you know I love brother’s best friend books, they are my absolute favorite. I have read so many of them and they never get old. Naturally some are better than others, and people this one was definitely one of the best! I am huge fan of The Forbidden Men series. I have been anxiously awaiting Ten’s book, but had no idea how much I would love it.

“Let me get this straight. You argued with some girl and pulled her hair during sex? Wow. What are you? Five?”
“No,” I muttered, growing more irritated than ever. “I’m Ten.”

We all know Ten as the fun loving, outspoken, sort of obnoxious guy. We have grown accustomed to his crude comments and funny jokes. Now that we have his POV we can see how he has been struggling with his feelings for Caroline.

When we first met Caroline she was beaten down, hurt and discouraged. We have seen her be the best friend to Zoey and reliable sister to the Gamble boys, but seeing her as a love interest for Ten has been my favorite.

Caroline has never kept her desire for Ten a secret, but Ten has been fighting off her advancements for months. Caroline has taken these actions as rejection, while Ten just wanted to respect Noel’s wishes. Enter my favorite type of love story: forbidden love. In these types of stories there has to be a turning point and I loved the way Linda created the change between these two. It was fun, sexy and lighthearted.

Every time with you is better than the last. I can’t even… God, Caroline. You own me.

I love fun and sexy, but as the story progressed I really loved the depth of the story. Ten has always been fun, no drama or anything deep, but as he begins to open up to Caroline my love for him grew even more. I loved that Ten had someone to rely on and trust with his feelings. Caroline was the perfect heroine. She was understanding, accepting and didn’t jump to conclusions.

This story put a huge smile on my face. I enjoyed the dual POV and seeing Ten struggle with his feelings, while Caroline schemed to seduce him. A Perfect Ten was absolute perfection. If you are looking for a story with lots of heart, sexiness and forbidden love this story is for you!

The Forbidden Men series has a special place in my heart, I love these guys, but Ten and Caroline is my favorite story so far. I highly recommend if you are a fan of the series or if you love a brother’s best friend story.

‘Lick you later, baby.’

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Ten.

March 25, 2015 – Started Reading
March 25, 2015 – Shelved
March 27, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)

message 1: by Kathe (new)

Kathe L Yay! Looking forward to your review :))

Crazy for Books (Stephanie) Do you know if this is the end of the series?

Beverly Crazy for Books (Stephanie) wrote: "Do you know if this is the end of the series?"

It is not, there are at least two more books.

Crazy for Books (Stephanie) Beverly wrote: "Crazy for Books (Stephanie) wrote: "Do you know if this is the end of the series?"

It is not, there are at least two more books."

thank you!

message 5: by Marie (new) - added it

Marie This sounds so good!!!

Brandi Wonderful review, Bev! So glad you enjoyed this one! :))

message 8: by TeriLyn (new)

TeriLyn Excellent review, Bev! I need to continue with this series.

Beverly Marie wrote: "This sounds so good!!!"

Thanks Marie! xx

Beverly Brandi wrote: "Wonderful review, Bev! So glad you enjoyed this one! :))"

Thanks Brandi! xx

Beverly Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤ wrote: "Amazing review Bev :))"

Thanks Pavlina! xx

Beverly TeriLyn wrote: "Excellent review, Bev! I need to continue with this series."

Thanks TeriLyn! I love this series, they are so much fun!

message 13: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Montoya Fabulous review doll!

Beverly Dee wrote: "Fabulous review doll!"

Thanks hun! xx

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Terrific review, Bev!xx

message 17: by Ingie (new)

Ingie Nice and nicely done review, Bev!

ღFloღ the coffee addict Fantastic review, Bev!! xoxox

Mysza Perfect review Bev!

message 20: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Fab review Bev xx

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ great review Bev!

do these have to be read in order?

Beverly Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ wrote: "great review Bev!

do these have to be read in order?"

Hey Sharon, they're all about different couples. So if you read out of order you will get spoilers for the other couples, but you can. I have done it in the past and it doesn't bother me. :-))

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Beverly wrote: "Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ wrote: "great review Bev!

do these have to be read in order?"

ok thanks Bev...makes me want to read it w/a lot of people giving this one 5 stars!

message 24: by Didi (new)

Didi Great review Bev!

Beverly Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️ Miller❤️Garrett and Archer❤️❤️ wrote: "FABULOUS review, Bev!!:)
xoxoxo"

Thanks Patty! xx

Beverly Arianna wrote: "Terrific review, Bev!xx"

Thanks Arianna! xx

Beverly Ingela wrote: "Nice and nicely done review, Bev!"

Thanks Ingela! xx

Beverly ღFloღ the coffee addict wrote: "Fantastic review, Bev!! xoxox"

Thanks Flo! xx

Beverly Mysza wrote: "Perfect review Bev!"

Thanks hun! xx

Beverly Jacqueline wrote: "Fab review Bev xx"

Thanks Jacqueline! xx

Beverly Didi wrote: "Great review Bev!"

Thanks Didi! xx

Beverly Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ wrote: "Beverly wrote: "Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ wrote: "great review Bev!

do these have to be read in order?"

Yes, this and book 3 (Pick's story are my favorites).

Yomi M. Amazing review Bev <3