JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust's Reviews > Defending Jacob

Defending Jacob by William Landay

Mar 25, 2015

bookshelves: scribd-it, hurt-worse-than-getting-a-brazilian, 2015-favorites, z-formation-worthy-all-time-favs
Recommended to JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust by: Angel Gelique

***5 " Unwavering " Stars**
Have you ever tried to write a review but no matter how hard you tried , you just couldn't articulate your thoughts properly ? I feel your pain.

I've written and deleted this review more times than I care to admit. Can you say scatter brain? I apologize in advance for this condensed rambling mess. . . . which will tell you nothing about the book itself, is the best I could come up with :-(
Thankfully, there are numerous fantastic reviews on GR. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE read them.

Defending Jacob is precisely the reason I love to read. All of my favorite books have something in common. Each novel has tugged at my grinchy heart strings in one way or another. This book is no exception. The array of emotions I felt while reading this story ranged from . . .
*angry
*hopeful
*hopeless
*flabbergasted
*GRATEFUL

. . . . . . . In other words, I'm FAR from perfect. But, I'm not half bad at this mother & wife gig either.

. . I can live with that :-)

Friends, if you want to read a thought provoking story, filled with twist and turns, ONE CLICK THIS BOOK. You may end up being a better parent for it. MWAH!

** Special thanks to Angel for such a fantastic recommendation **

For more reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defending Jacob.

March 25, 2015 – Started Reading
March 25, 2015 – Shelved
March 25, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
March 25, 2015 – Shelved as: scribd-it
March 25, 2015 –
4.0% ""Studies have shown that fathers of murdered children often die within a few years of the murder, often to heart failure. Really, the die of grief.""
March 25, 2015 –
27.0% "" Did her uneasiness mean I was right all along; girls like her don't marry boys like me." . . . Oh yes we do! \n "
March 26, 2015 –
0.0% "I am not pleased with Laurie right now. \n "
March 26, 2015 –
40.0% "Jacobs side of the story has more holes than a golf course. \n \n "
March 26, 2015 –
43.0% ""It's complicated." . . . WTF? Either the man grabbed your nutsack or he didn't. There's nothing complicated about it."
March 27, 2015 –
82.0% "I now have a soft spot for Duffy as well ♥"
March 27, 2015 –
90.0% " I tried to put on a mask of resolve for her, so she would find in my expression whatever it was she needed—reassurance, love, connection, whatever. But the truth? Certainty? I did not have those. They were not mine to give.\n "
March 27, 2015 –
0.0% "WTF? \n \n . . . I did NOT see that coming."
March 27, 2015 –
92.0% "I definitely didn't see that coming either. . . \n "
March 27, 2015 –
96.0% "Disappeared ? ? ?\n "
March 27, 2015 –
98.0% "What in the ever loving fuck ?? \n \n "
March 27, 2015 –
100.0% " ** speechless** \n "
March 27, 2015 – Shelved as: hurt-worse-than-getting-a-brazilian
March 27, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-favorites
March 27, 2015 – Shelved as: z-formation-worthy-all-time-favs
March 27, 2015 – Finished Reading

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So glad you enjoyed it lamb!

message 2: by JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust (last edited Mar 27, 2015 06:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Jenna~Ice Queen~Dreams wrote: "So glad you enjoyed it lamb!"

how the fuck am I suppose to review this thing?... I have so many thoughts racing through my mind. .. Ugh!

message 3: by Jodell (last edited Mar 27, 2015 05:56PM) (new)

Jodell well, I at least need to know if I should read it. yay, or nay, Jahy......

message 4: by Lo Bookfrantic (new)

Lo Bookfrantic Oh I love this kind of books. This one looks great. Looking forward to your review. *sigh*

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Loyda wrote: "Oh I love this kind of books. This one looks great. Looking forward to your review. *sigh*"

It reads like a movie Loyda. It's lonnngg but I was never bored.

message 6: by Lo Bookfrantic (new)

Lo Bookfrantic JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: "Loyda wrote: "Oh I love this kind of books. This one looks great. Looking forward to your review. *sigh*"

It reads like a movie Loyda. It's lonnngg but I was never bored."

That's awesome, the reviews are amazing. I love court books they are intense and suspenseful.

message 7: by JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust (last edited Mar 27, 2015 06:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Jodell wrote: "well, I at least need to know if I should read it. yay, or nay, Jahy......"

I say yay... but we both know my taste is weird.

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Loyda wrote: "JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: "Loyda wrote: "Oh I love this kind of books. This one looks great. Looking forward to your review. *sigh*"

It reads like a movie Loyda. It..."

In that case, I think you'll love it.

message 9: by Lo Bookfrantic (new)

Lo Bookfrantic JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: "Loyda wrote: "JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: "Loyda wrote: "Oh I love this kind of books. This one looks great. Looking forward to your review. *sigh*"

It reads like a movi..."

Wohoo!! So excited. <3

message 10: by Lo Bookfrantic (new)

Lo Bookfrantic Great review girl! I know that I must read it for sure. *sigh* <3

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Loyda wrote: "Great review girl! I know that I must read it for sure. *sigh* <3"

I swear on Tom Hardy's lips its garbage but I tried for hrs to explain my clusterfuck of thoughts. I have a feeling my next book is going to fuck with my emotions as well... it was a speak now or forever hold your peace kind of review :-)

message 12: by Lo Bookfrantic (new)

Lo Bookfrantic JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: "Loyda wrote: "Great review girl! I know that I must read it for sure. *sigh*

Hahaha lmao, I know exactly what you mean. Just feel it girl that what matters =)

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Loyda wrote: "JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: "Loyda wrote: "Great review girl! I know that I must read it for sure. *sigh*

I swear on Tom Hardy's lips its garbage but I tried for hrs to ..."

Thanks Chica :-)

La-Lionne I understand exactly why you struggled to write the review. I felt exactly the same after reading this book.
I'm echoing the part when you said this is why you read book.
I read this book few years ago, it's still one of the best psychological thrillers I've read.

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust La-Lionne wrote: "I understand exactly why you struggled to write the review. I felt exactly the same after reading this book.
I'm echoing the part when you said this is why you read book.
I read this book few year..."

This review sucks ass but I knew if I didn't write something now, I never would. This book is going to stay with me forever. I read somewhere that warner brothers bought the rights to the story. I hope they do this story justice.

La-Lionne JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: "La-Lionne wrote: "I understand exactly why you struggled to write the review. I felt exactly the same after reading this book.
I read ..."

Oh, how cool. I haven't heard that it will be a movie. I hope they will do the book justice, because it is truly an amazing story.
I've noticed a lot of movies fail to translate inner monologues, especially if actors are bad.

message 17: by Anamarija (new)

Anamarija theenn... I have to check other reviews...hehe...;)

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust La-Lionne wrote: "JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: "La-Lionne wrote: "I understand exactly why you struggled to write the review. I felt exactly the same after reading this book.
I'm echoing th..."

tell me about it .. They waste too much time perfecting the damn movie set. I care about the portrayal of a beloved character(view spoiler) not how good looking they can make him . They better not make him younger either. Tom Hank perhaps.

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Anamarija wrote: "theenn... I have to check other reviews...hehe...;)"

Please do. La-Lionne's review is amazing.

La-Lionne JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: "La-Lionne wrote: "JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: "La-Lionne wrote: "I understand exactly why you struggled to write the review. I felt exactly the same after reading this boo..."

I know! There is a lot of amazing inner monologues in this book, that are crucial to the story and understanding Andy's character.
I nominate either Colin Firth (he is an amazing drama actor, but I don't know how he would pull off an american accent :) or Richard Gere (he could pass for a lawyer).

message 21: by Lo Bookfrantic (new)

Lo Bookfrantic A movie?! Sweet! I love these type of books. Before I started reading Erotica/dark/PRN/contempory etc etc this genre was all I used to read. I remember the days when I "used" to watched TV, I could literally watch fbi/murder mystery/court tv/ true detectives/cold case files/ like all day, every day lmao hahaha...now all I do is work, gym, and read. Besides being a mom and wify I hardly watch TV I'm so behind on all my shows.

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust La-Lionne wrote: "JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: "La-Lionne wrote: "JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: "La-Lionne wrote: "I understand exactly why you struggled to write the..."

. . . you are so much better at casting a character than I am :-)

message 23: by JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust (last edited Mar 28, 2015 01:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Loyda wrote: "A movie?! Sweet! I love these type of books. Before I started reading Erotica/dark/PRN/contempory etc etc this genre was all I used to read. I remember the days when I "used" to watched TV, I cou..."

I'm write there with you girlie. . . . and add anything pertaining to forensics and autopsies. I'm only slightly morbid, I promise :-)

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Wonderful review, Jahy xx

message 25: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Great review, I'm looking forward to reading this one!

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Bahaha well said Jahy. I feel your pain. Sometime the words just don't come.

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Jennifer wrote: "Wonderful review, Jahy xx"

You are too kind . La-Lionne review is a thousand times better. If you have any interest in the book, please check it out.

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Lucy wrote: "Great review, I'm looking forward to reading this one!"

. . . I hope you read this book so we can chat about it :-)

message 29: by JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust (last edited Mar 28, 2015 11:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ wrote: "Bahaha well said Jahy. I feel your pain. Sometime the words just don't come."

"Sometime the words just don't come." . . . That's normally my problem but this time , I couldn't get the words to stop.

message 30: by Mo (new) - added it

Mo Wonderful review, Jahy.

message 31: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Terrific review, Jahy :)

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Brandi wrote: "Terrific review, Jahy :)"

. . . More like embarrassing review ;-p

Mo wrote: "Wonderful review, Jahy."

. . . . Thank you, Mo .

Angel Gelique I'm so glad you liked it, JaHy! I'm going to bug you in a little while via Hangouts!