Lori Kincaid Rassati's Reviews > Third World America: How Our Politicians Are Abandoning the Middle Class and Betraying the American Dream

Third World America by Arianna Huffington

Sep 27, 2010

it was ok
Recommended for: no one
Read from September 25 to October 14, 2010

This had to be one of the most hastily-written books ever. Did Ms. Huffington even have an editor? The first glaring error was when she referred early on to Jeremiah seeing the writing on the wall. Uh, that would be Daniel. If you don't know the Old Testament, find someone who does.

Then she tried to spin that deteriorating infrastructure in the form of roads and bridges were causing hundreds/thousands of deaths. She mentioned the bridge collapse a few years ago in Minneapolis. That wasn't caused by bridge deterioration, but by faulty design. Then there was a statement that all these people were killed because of bad road conditions. That would be ice, snow, rain, not potholes...puhleese.

Finally, she offered no real solutions; she just tried to conjure up images of Thomas Jefferson, MLK, whomever.

I will never waste another minute of my life reading anything she has written, and I would encourage others to do likewise.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Third World America.

05/28/2016 marked as: read