Autumn Review's Reviews > Fisher's Light

Fisher's Light by Tara Sivec

bookshelves: arc, favorites

She made me laugh with chocolate. Made me hot with fire. Now...my heart exploded with Fisher's Light. Without a doubt, this is the best book that Sivec has written to date. The raw honesty and emotion in this book is what sold me. It's the kind of book that you want to reread, because despite the tears, you want to relive the feels again and again.

What worked for me:
~I loved the way the story unfolds. Understanding where Fisher was mentally was key in falling in love with his character. I'm a big believer in journaling, and reading Fisher's thoughts truly helped me put myself not only in his shoes, but it almost made me feel like he was pleading his case to me directly. I fell in love with him in these moments.

~There was undeniable chemistry between these two characters. They are meant to be together. They are the kind of couple you root for. Hope to see them get a happy ending in some way.

~I loved the secondary characters. Fisher's grandfather, Trip made me smile. Ellie, Lucy's best friend, made me laugh. I also appreciated how supportive she was to Lucy. Bobby, Fisher's best friend, seems like the cuddly, cute guy you grew up with. Everyone's friend. A true friend. I also liked Seth. In my mind, I kept seeing Robin Williams as Seth, which only made me love his character more.

~What I loved the most was simply how I felt while reading. I didn't want to put it down. I thought about it when I wasn't reading. I was in tears when I finished because I didn't want it to end. And the ending...was perfect.

Over the past few years I've read/watched Sivec continue to hone her skill as an author. She nailed this book. While I understand that this book may be difficult for some to read or maybe not your cup of tea, one thing that can't be denied is that this book will make you feel something. As I said above, I think this is her best book to date and I will definitely be rereading this one.

Quotes:
~"You make everything perfect, Lucy. You're my light and my life and all I need id your love to guide me home, no matter where I go."-Loc 2685

~There's a light that guides all of us to where we're meant to be. You're meant to be with me, Lucy.-Loc 4023

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fisher's Light.

Started Reading