Bob Conner's Reviews > Line of Fire

Line of Fire by W.E.B. Griffin

I fell in love with Griffin's series about the Corps and have read all his awesome works. I can't recall reading a more engaging series with characters all so rich and colorful each of them could be an awesome novel of their own. But Griffin smashes them all together into one nuclear story.

Amazingly colorful characters - Kenneth "Killer" Kelley and his gorgeous wife Ernestine Sage, Jack "NMI" Stecker, Pick Pickering, Sgt Zimmerman, etc....... The list just goes on and on and they never lose their color, their connections to one another, or their vitality throughout the entire series.

I found Griffin's ability to play his characters off of historically real people, events, hell, even US companies were woven into this amazing work, from hotel chain owners to ship builders were played into his storyline.

Once I read the first - "Semper Fi," I was waiting in line for the bookstore to open on release day for the next in the sequence.

Most certainly my all-time favorite military fiction novels. Well, until the Brotherhood of War series came out and claimed some shelf space for my favorite(s).

If books were drugs, there would be no rehab that could fix this addiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Line of Fire.

Started Reading