Liz* Fashionably Late's Reviews > Doubleblind

Doubleblind by Ann Aguirre

8191214
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

The reason why this series was so damn good is because Jax didn't give a rat's ass about anything. She was irreverent, she spoke her mind and never compromised.
description
In the passive role of Ambassador, we're forced to see her in the middle of plots and political dealings. And let me tell you, the price is too high because Jax is far from being the fun, unapologetic kickass character I've come to love. Instead, we got philosopher brown bird and white wave (?)

The plot seems to be just an excuse for a torturous love story.

March is not my March. This guy is anywhere but here with her in a real relationship. He goes from crazy and violent to angsty and pathetic in the blink of an eye. I loved the Hero gig, but this is getting old too fast and thanks to this nonsense, I realized I know almost nothing about this guy. Why did I love him in the first place? EVEN MORE, WHY DOES SHE LOVE HIM?

I missed Dina, Doc and Hit so much but thanks god, Vel saved the book. This guy is fucking amazing and if he weren't a bug, I'd really ship him with Jax. I know, I'm being xenophobic. Sorry about that.

Let's talk about the twist: Fuck you very much, Culprit. Yeah, I was completely surprised because I don't read spoilers to save my mother's life so I had no idea this was about to happen. (view spoiler)

And my final complain: they were looking for someone to negotiate a very important alliance, right? Why sending her? A woman notorious for her partying and irresponsible behavior. Why would this guy put the future of the Conglomerate in her hands? The reasons don't satisfy me.

Plot-wise, this is the best of the three. Unlike previous installments, we know from page one where we are going and what are we doing. Overall, it was a little disappointing and even if I'm willing to keep reading this series, I really need to see some changes here or this won't be a happy journey for me.

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doubleblind.

March 23, 2015 – Started Reading
March 25, 2015 – Shelved as: space-opera
March 26, 2015 – Shelved as: you-disappointed-me-honey
March 26, 2015 – Shelved as: mother-of-all-plot-twists
March 26, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by Navessa (new)

Navessa "The plot seems to be just an excuse for a torturous love story."

DO NOT WANT

Liz* Fashionably Late This really needs to stop because this series is good and the MC is amazing but I'm not looking for angsty romance here. All I want is action, humor and sexy scenes, lots of them. A girl can dream...

Vicky (the Blowtorch-Wielding OotCDCB™) Teen drama? Is that what this books feels like? Ugh.

I went from being so excited because of all the glowing reviews of this series, to hearing Sarah and Sh3lly say book 5 was the worst and now this. I think I'll let Grimspace's ending be the official ending of this series for me and end it on a happy note.

Liz* Fashionably Late You know what I loved about KD? The fact that Curran and Kate are in an actual relationship. No love triangle, no "I love you but we can't be together". They face shit together as a couple. And they're AMAZING doing it. You don't need to throw all this drama to make things interesting. They should be interesting enough together. I'm disappointed but I'll read book #4, next week maybe.

How's Firefly Hollow working for you? Maybe I'll read it next.

Vicky (the Blowtorch-Wielding OotCDCB™) Liz* wrote: "You know what I loved about KD? The fact that Curran and Kate are in an actual relationship. No love triangle, no "I love you but we can't be together". They face shit together as a couple. And the..."

^^Yes, yes and yes! Everything you said about Kate and Curran = Power couple extraordinaire!

Firefly Hollow... not so great actually. I've been reading it very slowly partly because of RL stuff, but also because it hasn't managed to hold my attention. I'm having problems with the characterization. But I'll update you when I'm able to read a bit more.

Sh3lly Sigh. So conflicted right now because of book 5. I loved this one, but understand your points. Some of the things that bothered you would have bothered me normally, but for some reason, didn't. Now I'm not sure how I feel. It sucks. But great review, Liz! :)

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans) I could just copy/paste what Shelly said in her comment.

Until book 5 happened I LOVED Jax so much that I willingly overlooked what would have made me eyeroll/rage in any other book. Now I just feel numb.

I still love books 1-4 though. And I LOVED this one, really LOVED it. And I REALLY LOVE March here too. Yeah, I know, I'm weird.

Liz* Fashionably Late Thanks, Shelly :/

I understand you, guys. Sometimes you just connect so well with a character you decide to overlook little details that would definitely bother you otherwise. Anyway, I'm dropping this series.

And yeah, Sarah. You're my kind of weird (:

JAIME I overlooked so much in this series....Every time I read someone else's review I'm all "Oh yeah, that was annoying!" Maybe binge reading gives false impressions? I don't know.

I'm so confused.

Liz* Fashionably Late Yeah, that's happened to me too ^^

I don't know, Jaime. I blame book #1, it was so good I never saw this coming! :P

Catherine Excellent review, Liz! You've given me some things to think about!

Liz* Fashionably Late Thanks, Cath! (: Let me know what you think of book #4!