Jane Stewart's Reviews > Cry No More

Sep 26, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: romantic-suspense

Too sad for me.

The first 100 pages and the last 80 were full of grieving and sorrow. I was crying more than I liked. Milla's infant in stolen from her and she is searching for 10 years for him. Then she meets Diaz an assassin who helps her. With his help she gets answers and they develop a relationship. This part of the story was good. I loved the Diaz character. There were a couple of lines about Diaz that intrigued me, which follow. "women tended to be afraid of him. He tried never to be rough, but nevertheless there was a fireceness to his lovemaking that seemed to intimidate them." (P 127). "Diaz wasn't taking care of her out of the goodness of his heart. He was taking care of her the way a wolf cared for its wounded mate." (p 364). So, Diaz was interesting, but I had other problems with the book. During Milla's search for her son, she put herself in danger and nearly got killed three times because she was too emotionally unstable to act in a safe manner. I also had problems with the author who had Diaz do something which caused Milla to hate him (p 317). I felt like the author couldn't think of a better way to separate them and used this. It was out of character for Diaz. He could read people and would have known her feelings. The reason he gave later for doing it did not make sense to me.

DATA:
Sexual language: moderate. Number of sex scenes: six. Setting: 1993 Mexico and 2003 El Paso, Texas. Copyright: 2003. Genre: romantic suspense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cry No More.