Jane Stewart's Reviews > Almost Forever

Almost Forever by Linda Howard

Sep 26, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: contemporary-romance

I loved it the first time I read it, but the second time it felt average. Too much touchy feely stuff and desire for each other.

I did not predict some of the details that would happen. It was enjoyable and different from the typical romance novel. I don't want to give anything away, but I will provide the beginning of the plot. The setting is current day corporate world in Houston and Dallas, Texas. Max works for company "A" that plans to do a corporate takeover of company "B". Claire is a secretary at company "B". Max plans to charm her into giving him secret information about company "B" without telling her who he is.

DATA:
Narrative mode: 3rd person. Story length: 244 pages. Swearing language: mild. Sexual language: mild. Number of sex scenes: five. Copyright: 1986. Genre: contemporary romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Almost Forever.

Started Reading
January 4, 2008 – Finished Reading
September 26, 2010 – Shelved
September 26, 2010 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance

message 1: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen J I just reread this and found I found I felt differently about it than I did when I first read this many years ago. I think as women we are less willing to accept men after they cruelly betray us even if we love them. I really had trouble with her accepting as her lover again someone who would do what he did to her.

Jane Stewart Kathleen wrote: "I just reread this and found I found I felt differently about it than I did when I first read this many years ago. I think as women we are less willing to accept men after they cruelly betray us ev..."

Kathleen,

I did a reread of several books in 2015 and I drafted revised reviews for them. But I never had time to post those reviews. Now that I’ve seen your comment, I went back and found my revised review and I’ll post it today. I agree with you. It was not as good the second time. Glad you commented.