CC's Reviews > VIP

VIP by M.  Robinson

bookshelves: darkish-to-depths-of-hell, dirty-talkers, mistress-ccs-dungeon
Recommended to CC by: warhawke

VIP is the story of Ysabelle and Sebastian told through alternating POVs. Ysabelle (Ysa) is a girl who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, raised by a prostitute mother who abused drugs, alcohol. By the time Ysabelle is 16 yrs old, she leaves home for a better life. After two years, Ysa meets Madam and her life is transformed or at least Ysa believes it has changed.

Contrary to Ysa, Sebastian had a picture perfect childhood with doting parents and two girl friends, Julia and Olivia, who also loved him dearly. Sadly, Sebastian experiences a loss and never has the courage to truly confront his feelings until he meets Ysa. Sebastian, even though married, is immediately taken with Ysa's physical looks. Ysa is like a ghost to Sebastian but he also realizes she may be his second chance. However, Ysabelle is very guarded with her emotions and is unsure how to give Sebastian her heart.

"You make me question everything I'm supposed to believe in. I have no idea what the fuck we're doing. I have never let feelings get involved with anything I have ever done, and that's kept me alive and safe."

The bond between Ysa and Sebastian continues to grow and both are faced with difficult choices. Ysa must come to terms with her mother and accept her own choices in order to truly forge her own path. Sebastian must finally make a choice that best suits his needs rather than settle again.

"I could hear the desperation in her voice. Ysabelle was going to be the end of me and I didn't fucking care as long as she was by my side."

(view spoiler)

The ending is very appropriate for Sebastian and Ysabelle. They both reach a crossroads that allows each to free themselves and open their hearts for possibilities.

photo 17364eb099182494cbfccbfb51ce73d9_zps43tmthov.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read VIP.

March 22, 2015 – Shelved
April 25, 2015 – Finished Reading
September 2, 2015 – Shelved as: darkish-to-depths-of-hell
September 2, 2015 – Shelved as: dirty-talkers
September 2, 2015 – Shelved as: mistress-ccs-dungeon

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Looking forward to it CC! = ))

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ Great review CC!! ♥

message 3: by CC (new) - rated it 4 stars

CC Sue - I think you would enjoy this one! ;))

message 4: by CC (new) - rated it 4 stars

CC Thanks, Deanna! ;D

warhawke Wonderful review CC!

Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe Great review CC!

message 7: by CC (new) - rated it 4 stars

CC ☛ Kay wrote: "Great review CC!"

>>Thanks, Kay! ;D

message 8: by CC (new) - rated it 4 stars

CC warhawke wrote: "Wonderful review CC!
Funny thing is, the thing that made you frustrated with Sebastian (your spoiler) was what made him endearing to me haha!"

>>Thanks, Hawkey. (view spoiler)

message 9: by Ana (new) - added it

Ana Medeiros Awesome review, CC!!! Just added this one to my to read list :)