Dark Faerie Tales's Reviews > Alien Tango

Alien Tango by Gini Koch

Jan 10, 2017

bookshelves: tbr, reviewed-by-kristie

Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A heroine with a quirky sense of humor that can solve anything in her crazy, outside the box style.

Opening Sentence: Aliens walk among us.

The Review:

Alien Tango is the second novel in Gini Koch’s urban fantasy Katherine “Kitty” Katt series. These books are thick but man are they action-packed and funny. If you like a main character with a crazy sense of humor who loves a rock soundtrack with her action then I would recommend giving this series a try. The aliens of this series are also worth it because who doesn’t love a bunch of drop dead aliens in Armani? I’m beginning to think I do! As an urban fantasy series, the story makes more sense if you’ve read the stories before it.

Katherine “Kitty” Katt is now the new head of the Airborne Division of Centurion. It has been only five months since she discovered that aliens are real. Now something strange is going down at Kennedy Space Center. The Centurion Division has been tasked to find out what has happened to a group of astronauts after they returned un-expectantly from space. Meanwhile, Kitty is not planning on going back to her high school reunion but Jeff is much to her chagrin. The alligators are perhaps the funniest thing in this novel. I didn’t remember them from the synopsis but I wondered why there was an alligator on the cover.

I want to repeat that there is so much going on in this novel. Kitty uncovers a group who wants nothing for the aliens but to be their slaves and they have found the ultimate weapon. Kitty also is trying to help fight the bigotry within the Alpha Centurions. Craziness just abounds in this novel and all the events take place within the span of a few days, although two weeks did pass at one point but honestly it still just felt like the span of a few days.

I love Kitty’s spunk and humor. Her humor is quite out there but it does often make me laugh out loud. Plus, you can never know what is up Kitty’s sleeve because a lot of her ideas come out of left base. These ideas seem to be what the Alpha Centurions need though because they hadn’t been able to fight off the bad guys for years until Kitty came along. The only thing I don’t like is that Kitty is a little too emotional at times and cries quite a bit.

Kitty does have one thing that reminds me of one of my used to be favorite series… all the males in the novel seem to have the hots for her. At least three proposed or planned on proposing, one keeps threatening to turn straight (which is hilarious by the way), and the many flirtatious meetings with different men (while in life or death situations).

Jeff Martini is sexy as hell but he is moody in this novel, not as funny as book one. I almost wanted Kitty to at least take up one of the other offers. This book isn’t all fun and games. There are times when I do get a little lost in the dialogue and can’t quite comprehend some of the more technical issues that the characters are talking about when they are bouncing ideas quickly off of each other.

Overall, I do have some minor issues with the book but in the end it is an entertaining world that I have enjoyed immersing myself in with the strange but crazy hot aliens. I can’t wait to unveil what is next for Kitty and Jeff.

Notable Scene:

“You people really are the scum of the Earth, aren’t you?”

“This is our world. They don’t belong here. If they’re going to stay, then they’re going to do what they should.”

“Be your weapons?”

“Be our slaves.”

He meant it. This wasn’t just a bid for power, this was Hitler all over again. I had to hand it to the little goosestepper—he’d tapped into what appeared to be a universal goal of megalomaniacs everywhere: purity of the race and death or enslavement of any not considered good enough.

FTC Advisory: DAW/Penguin provided me with a copy of Alien Tango. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alien Tango.

Finished Reading