Jasmin's Reviews > Naked in Death

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb

Sep 25, 2010

bookshelves: aar-top-100-list, dear-reader-top-100-list, fiction, futuristic, four-stars, mystery, romantic-suspense, romance, reviewed-by-me, suspense
Read from October 04 to 06, 2010

Thirteen years from now, on October 6, 2023, a baby boy will be born. He will grow up into a sexy, mysterious man who will someday own 28% of the world. His description: black hair, blue eyes, 6 feet, 2 inches, 173 pounds. His name will be Roarke.

In this near future, specifically 2058, when JD Robb talks of cars flying, the cars are literally flying. You could buy a more pointed nose and a different eye color. You could be anyone you ever dreamed of. There aren’t any diseases spreading about, except the dreaded flu virus. There are licensed companions/ prostitutes to go around. It makes me imagine Amsterdam as our future. Anyway, the humans could already travel in space and there are space stations built for pleasure and entertainment! How cool is that?

This is my second book from Nora Roberts, but first under the pseudonym, JD Robb. This is also my first futuristic romance. I found Roarke fascinating for a male, but my heart became his when he was sitting in his huge library, reading a book and petting a cat. But it became his more, when he showed his ability to hack the US government. He has a wonderful head that goes with his awesome physique.

I enjoyed the mystery. I pointed fingers on almost everyone and still I was ‘almost’ wrong in the end. I absolutely loved the romance of the book. With the futuristic aspect, I enjoyed imagining the technology, however, since the world JD Robb drew was farfetched from what we have now, I had trouble imagining the tubes of Coke, which I imagined as a tube of Colgate, just with a different label. But still, I enjoyed the story and would anyone ever doubt my love for Roarke?

For now, advance happy birthday Roarke! I’m waiting for you to be born, and the medicine that could reverse my age a bit, cause once you hit your 30’s, I would be in my 60’s, so a little age reversal wouldn’t hurt. Don’t ever let Eve Dallas ever soften her hold on you, because that is when I would get you! No way will I let my white hair and arthritis get in the way! LOL

*This review was made on the 06th of October, 2010

_____
I have to know who Roarke is since many goodreads friends hold him in very high esteem.

He sounds 100% hottie material.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked in Death.

03/09 marked as: read

Tanya Oh yeah! Dark hair, blue eyes, Irish accent and richer than Bill Gates. Hottie doesn't cover it!
Plus the books are fun to read too. :)

message 2: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely So, are we going to see a picture of him in your review soon? Hope you read some hottie foxes too so I will have someone to look at too while reading your great reviews!

message 3: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq Ooh I love that series... and yes 100% hottie...

message 4: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren You will love this Jasmine. Roarke is my first love for hero in book's world.
How I love him from the beginning *lol*

Nissie Ohhhhh,Roarke!!!! Jasmin, you will fall in love! And there are 30 some of these books, I think. So you'd think you'd get enough of him, but you won't. :(

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide Roarke is definitely a hottie. Tall, dark hair, blue eyes and Irish.....and a soft spot for his lady. What's not to love? :)

Cindi Jessa ♥§♥metalgirl80♥§♥ wrote: "Roarke is definitely a hottie. Tall, dark hair, blue eyes and Irish.....and a soft spot for his lady. What's not to love? :)"

That's it exactly! I love Rourke even more because he loves his lady. And boy, am I jealous!!! I want my own Rourke, and he doesn't even have to be so rich . . . ;)

Jasmin K.D. wrote: "So, are we going to see a picture of him in your review soon? Hope you read some hottie foxes too so I will have someone to look at too while reading your great reviews!"

If someone would be able to match up w/ the ROARKE. XD

---
OMG! See what I'm saying? This ROARKE seems like a GOD! XD

thanks everyone. You make him sound so yummy! and I'm anxious to devour him at once! XD

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* I'm still in the queue at my library to get this. Hope I can get to know Roarke soon! Look forward to your review, Jasmin!

Jasmin Ate Jayne, read this. I absolutely love Roarke! :D

message 11: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Oct 07, 2010 01:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* *bounce, bounce* I just got notice that it's ready for pick up at the library!! So I'll be picking it up later this week and reading it soon! ^_^

message 12: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq Jasmin wrote: "Ate Jayne, read this. I absolutely love Roarke! :D"

basahin mo pa ung iba.. si peabody at ian :)

Jasmin @ate jayne, enjoy the book!

@isa, that would take me a while! hehe. Dame pa eh. XD

Catherine You make this book sound so tempting! I'm kind of daunted by the thought of starting a series that long though. I got rec'ed this before, but I keep putting it off!

Nissie Don't put it off any longer,Catherine! It is a very long series,but Roarke is worth it all!!

message 16: by Catherine (last edited Oct 08, 2010 02:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Catherine Is the series still good even after all these books? I enjoy her as Nora Roberts, but I only found out about her pseudonym after their were already a billion books, so I haven't tried yet.

Nissie I haven't read them all yet and it's been a while since I've read any of them. But what I've read is really good. Some of the mysteries are a little meh, but the characters are very entertaining and like I Roarke is just.........**sighs**

Catherine LOL. Alright, I'll bite the bullet and buy it!

Nissie Good!! Let me know what you think. If you hate it, I'll reimburse you for the cost of the book! :)

Catherine LOL! Whatever! If I don't like it I'll just swap it or take it to the UBS. No big deal. ;P

Nissie Okay! I really do hope you like it!! :D

Joselito Honestly and Brilliantly When girls fall for characters like Roarke, is it strong enough to make the character part of your sexual fantasies? Do you utilize the character as inspiration for your masturbatory activities? When Roarke pets his cat and you are thrilled by it do you imagine him petting something else?

Catherine In my case I'd have to say no. I don't internalize characters like that. Most of the time I don't even have a fully visualized picture of them in my head.

Jasmin @catherine, you should at least try. Then see if you would be hooked enough to go on. And as Ate Nissie said, Roarke is worth it.

@kuya Jose, you ask the weirdest questions that they crack me up. But am I supposed to answer that? I hope not! haha. :P

message 25: by Aaron Vincent (last edited Oct 10, 2010 08:50PM) (new)

Aaron Vincent Roarke and I share the same birthdate!! coolness.

Nissie LOL!! Very cool indeed!

Jasmin Aaron Vincent wrote: "Roarke and I share the same birthdate!! coolness."

Aww. Belated happy bday Aaron! I wish I knew, so I at least could have greeted you on time. But yes, it is cool! :)

message 28: by Auntee (new) - added it

Auntee Great review, Jasmin!

Jasmin Thanks Auntee! :D

message 30: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Benson Everyone mentions how hot Roarke is. I like him because he streetwise, from the other side of the tracks, not easy to BS. I noticed also that he has become friends with Dallas's friends and coworkers and only socialize with the rich when it pertains to Roarke busness.