Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > The School of Night

The School of Night by Colin Falconer

Mar 21, 2015

liked it
bookshelves: read-2015

I thought it would be quite fun reading a book about William Shakespeare cousin who goes by the same name. William Shakespeare has just arrived in London and his cousin isn't too fond to have him staying at his place. But William has dreams, he doesn't want to be a glove maker. He wants to be an actor. But all the theaters are closed because of the plague so he needs to find a job. Luckily for him he gets a job after saving Lady Elizabeth Talbot. All he needs to do is find her husband Henry Talbot. How hard can it be?

This book was quite entertaining to read. I love historical mysteries and I just couldn't resist a book about William Shakespeare cousin with the same name. It was interesting to follow William Shakespeare as he searched for Talbot's husband and I was actually surprised how it all turned out. It was also nice to have the other William Shakespeare, the famous one, showing up in the story now and then. It wasn't a thick book, so it wasn't many red herrings, but it was a pleasant read I want to read the next book in the series.

I received a copy from the publisher and HFVBT in return for an honest review!

Review also posted on And Now for Something Completely Different and It's a Mad Mad World

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The School of Night.

March 21, 2015 – Started Reading
March 21, 2015 – Shelved
March 21, 2015 –
page 11
6.55% "I started this one last night since I just couldn't take any more erotica...it's about William Shakespeare cousin: William Shakespeare...this will hopefully not be confusing to read...lol"
March 22, 2015 – Finished Reading