Kirsten's Reviews > Wild Reckless

Wild Reckless by Ginger Scott

bookshelves: angst-fest, best-couples, deep-feels, tear-jerker, awwwdorable

4-4.5 Ken Doll stars!

photo image.jpg1_zpswdqlwbli.jpg

" It's because the Harper brothers have wild hearts."

Moving away from the city, high school senior Kensington Worth, is leaving everything and everyone behind when her family decides to move to the small town of Woodstock. Her only stability is playing piano, which she loves and excels at. So far her new life is going better than expected...except for her new neighbor. The boy is a jerk to Kensi, and seems to like giving her hell.

Tragedy occurred in Owen Harpers life when he was 5 years old. Since it's a small town everyone knows about it, and it has greatly effected his and his family's life and status. He lives wild and reckless and doesn't seem to care.
Things start to change when a new girl moves in next door.

At first a friendship blooms and soon they find themselves surrounded with catastrophes and loss. The two form a bond and are able to find the support they so desperately need within one another.

Though Kensi is Owens rock (and vice versa), he still pushes her away in order to save himself from the inevitable heartbreak he is sure to endure. How will Kensi convince Owen that she won't leave him when things get tough?

photo image.jpg2_zpscd31e4wl.jpg

photo imagejpg3_zpsdfa8f0b7.jpg

This was my first Ginger Scott experience, and it won't be my last. The lady has a talent for writing and digging up some major emotions through her plot and characters. I fell in love with the story and could really feel everything that was happening.

There were a couple of moments in this book, where I felt so much that I had to put it down and take a breather before I was able to continue. I was that emotionally invested with these characters. As mentioned in an update, there is a scene about halfway through were Owen faces his fears...and it totally gutted me. Even thinking about it now is bringing some tears to my eyes. His bravery, their actions, and his words during this was so emotionally powerful that I am still feeling the after effects.

I pretty much loved everything about this. The drama that happened was was done very realistically and didn't feel over the top. Not only did I love the MC's, but the side characters were endearing as well.

This may not seem fair, but the only reason I didn't give 5 stars, was purely personal. The book was amazing, but I tend to veer from the YA/NA genre. It's not so much that I can't relate, it's just not usually something I seek out to read.

Overall a beautiful story that brings out the feels. I would definitely recommend this heart warming/breaking read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Reckless.

March 19, 2015 – Shelved
May 17, 2015 – Started Reading
May 17, 2015 –
page 1
0.25% "This read wasn't planned. Michelle and I were going to tackle a Tarryn Fisher double feature, but I think MV left us in a crazy state, so Marrow will have to be put on hold for now. :) I hope this one will at least be straight-forward."
May 19, 2015 –
43.0% "Damn you, Wilson Orchard Apple Fest!!!!\n \n \n \n That last chapter got me good! My heart...."
May 20, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)

Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡ Awesome review girlie!! :)

Kirsten Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡ wrote: "Awesome review girlie!! :)"

Thanks so much Jamie!! xo

Michelle Wonderful review Kirsten! So glad you loved it. GS sure knows how to make you feel that's for sure. Sorry I didn't warn you. lol Shes one my favorite authors:))

Kirsten Michelle wrote: "Wonderful review Kirsten! So glad you loved it. GS sure knows how to make you feel that's for sure. Sorry I didn't warn you. lol Shes one my favorite authors:))"

Thank you Michelle!!! Thanks for getting me motivated to read. A heads up would've been nice! LOL You know how I read @ work. :P xo

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Wonderful review, Kirsten!xo

Christy Amazing review, dear! xo

Rachel Reads Ravenously Awesome review Kirsten! xx

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Lovely review Kirsten!! So glad you enjoyed despite it not being your usual book genre ;)

Andrea Fantastic review Kirsten!<3 So glad you enjoyed! xx

Kirsten Arianna wrote: "Wonderful review, Kirsten!xo"

Thanks Arianna! xoxo

Kirsten Christy wrote: "Amazing review, dear! xo"

Thanks honey!! xo

Kirsten Rachel ♥Reads Ravenously♥ wrote: "Awesome review Kirsten! xx"

Thanks Rachel! :)

Kirsten Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Lovely review Kirsten!! So glad you enjoyed despite it not being your usual book genre ;)"

Thanks Feifei! Sometime I just feel too old, I guess... :)

Kirsten Andrea wrote: "Fantastic review Kirsten!<3 So glad you enjoyed! xx"

Thanks Andrea! I reall did! xx

Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) Amazing review Honey...Love the collage ♥

ღFloღ the coffee addict Totally agree. This lady knows how to write emotions. ;D Glad you enjoyed it.
Fab review, Kirsten!! xx

message 17: by Rag (new) - added it

Rag Amazing review baby!

~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~ Never read a book from this author but you made me want to start with this one. Sweet lovely review babe <3 xx

message 19: by Saffron (new) - added it

Saffron Great review Kristen! :)

Kirsten Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) wrote: "Amazing review Honey...Love the collage ♥"

Thanks so much Vrsha x2!! xo

Kirsten ღFloღ the coffee addict wrote: "Totally agree. This lady knows how to write emotions. ;D Glad you enjoyed it.
Fab review, Kirsten!! xx"

Ugh! I was a total mess, and I was at work when I read! Next time I read a book of hers I'll keep it at home. ;) Thanks so much doll! xo

Kirsten Rag wrote: "Amazing review baby!"

Thanks a lot hun!! x

Kirsten ~ Stéphanie ~ Belgian Naughty Reader ~ wrote: "Never read a book from this author but you made me want to start with this one. Sweet lovely review babe <3 xx"

Yay! You'll definitely get the feels! I hope you enjoy it sweetie!!! Thank you Stéphanie!! xo

Kirsten Supreet *The Cupcake Queen* wrote: "Great review Kristen! :)"

Thanks so much Supreet!! xo

message 25: by Anna (new)

Anna Awesome review Kirsten

message 26: by Anja (new)

Anja Wonderful review, Kirsten! ❤❤

Kirsten Anna wrote: "Awesome review Kirsten"

Thank you Anna! x

Kirsten Anja wrote: "Wonderful review, Kirsten! ❤❤"

Thank you Anja!! x

Jasmine Terrific review Kirsten! :) ♥ Glad you enjoyed this one despite it being out of your usual genre reads ;D That's the best kinds sometimes cuz they'll surprise you :D

Kirsten Jasmine wrote: "Terrific review Kirsten! :) ♥ Glad you enjoyed this one despite it being out of your usual genre reads ;D That's the best kinds sometimes cuz they'll surprise you :D"

Thanks Jasmine! It surprised me in a very good way! No regrets! :) xoxo

message 31: by Jen (new)

Jen Awesome review Kirsten! xx

Kirsten Jen wrote: "Awesome review Kirsten! xx"

Thanks so much Jen!! :) xo

message 33: by Sophie (new) - added it

Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading** Terrific review, Kirsten! :D Love the sound of this one :)

Kirsten ღSophieღ wrote: "Terrific review, Kirsten! :D Love the sound of this one :)"

Thanks Sophie! I hope you enjoy it!!! x