Christy's Reviews > Wild Reckless

Wild Reckless by Ginger Scott

bookshelves: 2017-audio, 2017-five-stars, 2017-ya-challenge

5 stars!!!

photo 18839018_10103849254260478_6446353203819974329_n_zpssw8zty2c.jpg

Ginger Scott, you have a new fan-girl in me! Wild Reckless was an audio book I picked up on a whim, and it completely overtook my life for two days. I couldn’t ‘read’, because all I wanted to do was listen to this story. Last year, I read a book by Ms Scott called The Hard Count and it blew me away. After reading this, I have to say Wild Reckless is by far my favorite Scott book. And I feel like I need to binge all of her other audio books asap!

Kensington Worth has just moved at the start of her senior year. A new school, and a totally different surrounding from her life in the city. Kensi is a pianist, and a very talented one at that. Music as always been her life. But after some personal things happen, her life is turned upside down.

Then there is Owen Harper, her neighbor. Everyone in town knows about the Harper family. Owen is nothing but trouble they say. And at first, Kensi would agree with that wholeheartedly. But then she gets to know Owen. See the real Owen. Owen’s life is not easy, and it never has been. He carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. His life is nothing like others think it is.
“I love you, but I will suffocate you. Drown you. Loving me...it will kill you.”

photo 18765629_10103849254235528_6729752390453354684_n_zpsch9m7i4q.jpg
“I think I need you to survive. I think I need you to love me, because that’s literally all I’ve got.”

Kensi and Owen. Sigh. Their relationship was so tumultuous at first. Everything between them started to change as Owen let Kensi in little by little. Let her see the real him. I loved Owen Harper so much. I went from him pissing me off, to me completely adoring him in a matter of chapters. My heart ached for him. No one his age should have to handle what he handles, go through what he’s been through. I admired his strength. I adored Kensi, too. They were both much older than their years. And even though everything about them being together was hard and didn’t always make sense, all I wanted was for them to be together. For Owen to have something good in his life.

Wild Reckless was not a light read. In fact, I would call it a very heavy, mature YA read. It had a lot of hard to read topics… suicide, mental illness, addiction, cheating, etc. There were moments I was reading and my heart was just shredded. But it also showed just how strong love is. How someone loving you that much and being that devoted to you can truly overcome any obstacle.

This book was amazing. Truly incredible. It was not an easy read, but it was a powerful one. I loved it so hard and can’t wait to read the next book in this series, about Owen’s younger brother Andrew! If you’re like me and waited for the longest time to read this book, definitely put it on the top of your TBR.
“I love him.
I want him.
I need him.
I breathe him.”

photo 18766002_10103849254280438_4950560261013612923_n_zps6iaqkb8t.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Reckless.

March 18, 2015 – Shelved
March 18, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
May 27, 2017 – Started Reading
May 29, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017-audio
May 29, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017-five-stars
May 29, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017-ya-challenge
May 29, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)

message 1: by A_Ryan (new)

A_Ryan Oh this has been on my tbr shelf for ages! Cant wait to read what you think, Christy :)

Christy A_Ryan wrote: "Oh this has been on my tbr shelf for ages! Cant wait to read what you think, Christy :)"

It's really good so far! <3

Nikki This one looks juicy. Going to start it now :)

Christy Nikki wrote: "This one looks juicy. Going to start it now :)"

I'm loving it! Hope you enjoy! <3

Nikki I am SO enjoying it. Don't know what part you're on but I just read quite the shocker lol. Definitely curious as to how this situation all pans out....

Christy Nikki wrote: "I am SO enjoying it. Don't know what part you're on but I just read quite the shocker lol. Definitely curious as to how this situation all pans out...."

LOL I only have about 10% left! <3

Nikki Oh myyy! Just finished..I friggin LOVED it. Definitely will be reading more from Ginger Scott.

Christy Nikki wrote: "Oh myyy! Just finished..I friggin LOVED it. Definitely will be reading more from Ginger Scott."

Yay! I'm glad you loved it, too! <3

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog Wonderful review, Christy! :) xx

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Great review, Christy! :)

message 11: by Whitney (new) - added it

Whitney Fab review! Can't wait to pick it up. :)

Christy Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog wrote: "Wonderful review, Christy! :) xx"

Thanks, Nissa! <3

Christy Melissa wrote: "Great review, Christy! :)"

Thanks, Melissa! x

Christy Whitney wrote: "Fab review! Can't wait to pick it up. :)"

Thanks, Whitney! Hope you love it! <3

Aimen Fabulous review, Christy! I read this and loved this also! xo

message 16: by Karine (new) - added it

Karine Looks good indeed! Thanks for your review!

Christy Aimen wrote: "Fabulous review, Christy! I read this and loved this also! xo"

Thanks, Aimen! xo

Christy Karine wrote: "Looks good indeed! Thanks for your review!"

Thanks, Karine! I loved it!

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Terrific review Christy 💞 xo

Christy Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰ wrote: "Terrific review Christy 💞 xo"

Thanks, sweetie! <3

message 21: by Jen (new)

Jen Fantastic review, honey! ❤️ I haven't read anything by this author, but you have me wanting to now.

aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog Wow! I love your review Christy!xoxo

Christy Jen wrote: "Fantastic review, honey! ❤️ I haven't read anything by this author, but you have me wanting to now."

This book is so fantastic! Thanks, dear! xoxo

Christy aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog wrote: "Wow! I love your review Christy!xoxo"

Thanks, hun! xo