Jessica's Reviews > Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Sep 23, 2010

bookshelves: 0-faves, 27-contemporary-ya
Read from October 26 to 28, 2010

Awwww, what a cute story!

You know how sometimes you meet new people and you feel connected to them right away? You don’t really know why but somehow you just click? From time to time, I feel like this about books and that’s exactly what’s happened with Roger’s and Amy’s Epic Detour. We just clicked.

I liked Amy instantly and could easily relate to her. And after she had made me laugh out loud on the first few pages already, I knew that I would be enjoying this book.
It's a beautifully told and heart-warming story about love, grief, family, friendship and moving on, with a lot of love for details. All those small things like the notes, playlists, receipts, pictures and maps made this book special and the story so much more real. Awesome read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour.

Quotes Jessica Liked

Morgan Matson
“It was like there was an elephant in the room. An elephant that expected us to have sex.”

Morgan Matson
“Saying good-bye is basically an invitation not to see a person again. It's making it okay for that to be the last conversation you have. So if you don't say it--if you leave the conversation open--it means you'll have to see them again." ~Roger Sullivan”

Morgan Matson
“Tomorrow will be better.”
“But what if it’s not?” I asked.
“Then you say it again tomorrow. Because it might be. You never know, right? At some point, tomorrow will be better.”

Morgan Matson
“It’s not about the destination. It’s getting there that’s the good part.
- Leonard”

Morgan Matson
“He stood and looked at me for a moment, taking in my outfit. "You look hot."
"What? Me?" I stammered, completely flummoxed.
"Yeah," he said, still looking at me.
"Oh. Um, thank you. I mean, not that you don’t, but I’m not sure that you should—I mean …"
"Oh, no," Roger said quickly, and I could see that he was blushing again. "No. I mean—I meant what you’re wearing. Are you going to be too warm?”

10/26/2010 page 12
3.0% "If you push people away hard enough, they tend to go. Very true, indeed."
10/27/2010 page 150
44.0% "I wouldn't mind somebody giving me a suitcase full of new clothes..." 17 comments
05/27/2016 marked as: read
show 3 hidden updates…

Janina Great! Hope you enjoy it! It was one of my favourites this year :).

Jessica Thank you, Janina :o) I'm looking forward to it!

message 3: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim WOOT!

Morgan F Do you looooooove it?

Jessica It's awesome so far! I love all the little details. The photos, the receipts, the notes...and I have to check out all the songs on Roger's playlists.

message 6: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Happy reading!

Jessica Thanks Nic :-)

I don't know her (yet?), but I hate Madley's guts....

Morgan F Yay! You likey.

message 9: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Great review! This is one special book :)

Arlene Glad you loved it. This was a hit for me too.

Janina Yes! You loved it :)). Know exactly what you mean by 'clicking'. Sometimes you only have to read the first few pages to be sure it's going to be a fantastic book.

message 12: by Jessica (last edited Oct 30, 2010 04:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessica Exactly! :o) I just love it when that happens!