Sarah's Reviews > Honor

Honor by Rachel Rossano

bookshelves: 2015-reads, received-for-review, homeschool-author, on-my-kindle

Age Appropriate For: 13 and up for romance
Best for Ages: 15 and up for romance

Since I really enjoyed Duty, I jumped at the chance to review Honor. After all, I love how Rachel writes her romances. Yes, maybe there is a little more pre-marital kissing than I would choose to have in my life, but they are clean and sweet stories with characters that you can really cheer for.

This book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time, as Elsa and Dentin deal with foes that come in many forms. I really hated every time I had to put down the book and work on a different task for any amount of time. It is one of those books that keeps you flipping pages to find out what is going to happen next.

Elsa was a sweet girl who is trying to save her family from the ruin her brother’s gambling has brought. She was such a well-developed character that felt very real. Her sweetness was what really stood out to me. So many female leads are I-can-do-it-myself type girls, and, while I don’t have a problem with that, it gets old. While Elsa did a lot, she allowed others to help her.

Dentin was pretty awesome himself. He was a man of honor (the title really does tell you a lot), who is a bit rough around the edges. No, he isn’t mean, he just isn’t sociable, but he finds himself drawn to helping Elsa and loses his heart in the process. I really liked what Rossano did with his character.

I cannot say enough about this story. It was just such a joy to read. It had an historical feel to it, even though it was really non-magical fantasy. It also had a faith element that wasn’t strong, but added a nice touch.

I highly recommend this to those who like romance, good writing, and books that keep you turning pages.

I received this book from author in exchange for my honest review. I was under no obligation to write a positive review. The opinions in this review are entirely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Honor.

Started Reading