Lindsay's Reviews > Awakened

Awakened by Ednah Walters

Sep 22, 2010

To be honest, I did not expect to love this book as much as I did. When I first looked at the book, I was not very impressed. The cover did and does not snatch my attention and even though I should always read the summary first before I judge a book by its cover, the look just doesn't do it for me. Not at all.

But the actual story itself is absolutely wonderful. Its been awhile since I've read anything so original and fresh in a long time. Although there were a few times where the plot seemed to slow down - and that's the main reason why I gave this book 4 stars - the plot is so great.

Lil Falcon is such a lovable character: she goes from normal gypsy teenager to the ultimate kick butt guardian. And I absolutely adore Sykes and his witty personality. Bran was cute too but I definitely felt more of a character connection with Sykes's personality and I'm really looking forward to a sequel with the two.

The whole concept of the guardians is very unique. Their duty is to protect humans from demons and I loved how the entire story flowed and wrapped up quite nicely, leaving me wanting more! As soon as the sequel comes out, I will buy it ASAP and this book should go on your to-read list immediately.

Rating: 4 out 5 stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awakened.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

LOVED this one! :')

Lindsay I did to! Couldn't even put it down :)