Rob's Reviews > Wyrd Sisters

Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett

bookshelves: fantasy, humor, own, sword-and-laser, read-2015, author-male, own-backlog

Executive Summary: Started slow, but the second half kind of made up for the first half. And very quotable as always. 3.5 Stars.

Full Review
Well I made it! I did 5 Discworld books in the last few months. I was able to read this book in April for Sword and Laser without having to skip any books.

It's not my favorite of the bunch, but I definitely enjoyed it more than I did Sourcery. I think I might have enjoyed Equal Rites more though. I was warned that Granny Weatherwax was a bit different in this one. I honestly found her more likable in that book, and that the overall story was better.

That said, this book was still a lot of fun, especially the second half. My favorite parts involved Tomjon and Hwel and the play. But the witches were pretty good too. Their banter was usually pretty amusing. Nanny Ogg was a great addition. I look forward to seeing more of her in the future.

It's been awhile since I've read Macbeth, so I'm sure I missed a lot of the references and in jokes, but I got enough of them to get a pretty good laugh.

Overall another good, but not great entry in the Discworld books. Time for a bit of a break. I plan to come back to the series later on this year though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wyrd Sisters.

March 16, 2015 – Shelved
April 20, 2015 – Started Reading
April 20, 2015 – Shelved as: read-2015
April 20, 2015 –
page 52
14.4% ""I was never very good with words, you know,” said Champot. “I always found it easier to hit people with something""
April 21, 2015 –
page 90
24.93% ""We conjure and abjure thee by means of this—” Granny hardly paused—“ sharp and terrible copper stick""
April 22, 2015 –
page 105
April 23, 2015 –
page 151
41.83% "Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn’t the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn’t know the position of anywhere else"
April 24, 2015 –
page 244
67.59% "That’s not my class. I can’t handle that sort of money. You’ve got to be in the Guild of Lawyers or something to steal that much"
April 25, 2015 – Finished Reading
November 9, 2016 – Shelved as: author-male
January 4, 2019 – Shelved as: own-backlog

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

But I mean, Margot. She's the best.

message 2: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob I kind of forgot her name. But I'm bad at names. So that's my fault, not hers.

I did like how eager/excited she was. Had all these big plans the other two couldn't be bothered with.

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat I love Nanny Ogg. I even bought her cookbook.