Lindsay's Reviews > Be Careful What You Kiss For

Be Careful What You Kiss For by Jane Lynne Daniels

5206569
Mar 15, 2015

liked it

This book had a really interesting premise. I was really looking forward to reading it. Unfortunately, this particular story didn’t work for me. The book wasn’t bad but parts of it pissed me off.

I wasn’t sold on the stripper storyline. I’ve read a few other books with similar themes and had no problems but in this case, it just didn’t work for me. Maybe it would have worked if Tensley hadn’t turned into the typical TSTL heroine in a romantic suspense that says she won’t take stupid risks then takes a stupid risk…AND gets caught.

Honestly, I could have made due with all of the above. Granted, it wouldn’t have been a 5 star read, but I could have powered through it and enjoyed it. What really killed this book for me was Max’s ex, Rhonda. I really loathed the fact that she was still in his life after all these years. I just couldn’t get past the fact that the same woman that was the cause of their break up back in high school was still in his life and still hung up on him and wanted him back. I know that there needs to be some kind of issue to overcome but I really hated that she was the issue. I also realize that based on the premise and that the heroine’s biggest regret revolved around Rhonda so it made sense that she would have to deal with her again but I just couldn’t deal with her presence and how horrible she was. Her mere presence tanked the book for me.

I definitely loved the premise and Tensley’s scenes with her bff and with her cat but I wish the overall story had played out differently. I would have loved to see Tensley and Max reconnect in Tensley’s “real life” as opposed to the messed up do-over life. As for the end…well…it wasn’t really a HEA. It was more of a promise of things to come.

I wish this had worked for me. It wasn’t awful, it just wasn’t for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Be Careful What You Kiss For.

March 15, 2015 – Started Reading