Zeenat's Reviews > The Forbidden One

The Forbidden One by Zaarra Khader

F 50x66

The Author doesn't look like a first time author. Her stories come across as real, there is a beauty in the way she makes every character come to life. The book essentially talks about human emotions, feelings or behavior when they are in restricting or complex situations. It definitely showcases the whole triviality of the concept of right or wrong or ethical or unethical tags that we happily gift to people without knowing what the background is.

Coming to the cover, when I first saw it, I felt may be it has things which are forbidden from a physical or sexual perspective but when I finished the book I realized that like any other classy anthology of short stories where in the cover or title is basis one of the stories of the book, Zaarra Khader also has chosen her story sinful aspirations and portrayed the woman or at least half of her on the cover ( atleast that's what I interpret) It's only after I read the complete book that I could appreciate the thought behind the cover and now I think it is a fabulous attempt.

A a journalist, I would say this for sure that each of Zaarra Khader's stories has a story within and I would love to recommend it to all the book lovers who like short stories /light read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forbidden One.

Finished Reading