Jackie's Reviews > Clean: The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself

Clean by Alejandro Junger

F 50x66
Sep 21, 2010

it was ok

After I read this book, I would have rated this a 5. It has some great information pertaining to health and wellness, even if you don't want to do a detox. But then I followed the program. I did the detox for 2 weeks and followed it to a tee. It was killer! The purpose wasn't to lose pounds, but to just clean my body, hence the name Clean. But I lost three pounds, returned to eating regularly, and gained 10. And exercising regularly, I gained another pound. The dumb detox screwed up my metabolism!!! There was no warning about what would happen if you returned to your regular diet (which is by no means out of control). So in my bitterness, I rate this a 2.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clean.

02/23 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie LOL on the bitterness rating. It's amazing how convincing some books can be with their information yet not be actually functional for real life application. Good for you for following such a strict program though. If you want to work on getting your metabolism back on track, Jillian Michaels has a great book called "Master Your Metabolism". Sorry it didn't go as well as you hoped.

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan H Thanks for the honesty.. I never thought there could be a metabolism problem after the fact.
Great info!!