Lover of Romance's Reviews > The Art of Sinning

The Art of Sinning by Sabrina Jeffries

My Review

Summary
Jeremy Keane, is an american artist, and is looking to get his name well-known. At a ball, he sees a woman who is so different from the other debutantes, she is high-spirited and full of passion and he is drawn to her, he needs to paint her. Yvette knows scandal, her family has lived and survived it, but she is desperate to get into a brothel and find her nephew. So she comes to an agreement with Jeremy, she will be his model for his artwork, if he will take her to a brothel in Covent Gardens so she can find a small boy who is innocent. Jeremy escaped America to travel abroad, and now resides in England. He refuses to open himself up to real feeling again, because it almost destroyed him the first time.Now he is faced with a woman who is so much more than he realized. She may be a model, but she has high opinions and she goes after what she wants. But soon Jeremy and Yvette will be drawn into a game of sensuality, but which one will win..
The Hero
Jeremy, grew up in America, and was always expected to take over his fathers mill buisiness, there was just one problem...his art. He loves his paints and had a passion for doing art, and he refused to give it up. But his father was determined to win him over to his way of thinking, but Jeremy found himself caught up in a situation that almost broke him body and soul. He loved his mother and sister and even his father, but he couldn't stay in America. He traveled across Europe paining sensual pieces and making a name for himself. He is content in England, but he has yet to find that one model that could win him the prestige that he needs. Jeremy is quite a charming hero, he is much deeper than he appears on the surface and many people on see what he allows them to see. I love how roguish he can be, and many other times he has honor and stands on it. But boy does he have an American attitude that I just loved seeing, especially interaction with the Brits.
The Heroine
Yvette was almost ruined by scandal years ago. She stands on her own, is intelligent and to many she is known as a "bluestocking". She isn't ashamed of who she is but has yet to find a real win worthy suitor that she could come to care for and share her life with. Yvette isn't afraid of scandal, even if she almost made a huge mistake years ago. But her brother saved her from a awful position that she was put in. Ever since she doesn't trust men or their intentions. When she hears that one of her foolish brothers, Samuel has a illegitimate son who is living in a brothel she decides she must take action to find him, even if it means that she will have to agree to a scandalous agreement with a rogue, a rogue she can seem to resist. Yvette is strong and cunning, I loved her intelligence and her caring nature. She is quick-witted and can battle any man with her words.
Plot and StoryLine
The Art Of Sinning was a captivating romance that had me from the beginning. I love what Sabrina Jeffries is doing with this new series, and including an artist as one of her main characters...genius. This is a warm and slow burning romance, we see build up of tension between Jeremy and Yvette, from the beginning they have some sparks but they don't act on it for some time except through battling away with words and quick responses. It was quite interesting seeing how these two finally come together and having to face their pasts. We see beneath the surface of Jeremy and Yvette. We see a little mystery get solved and boy this one brother Samuel he is quite awful when he learn the true extent of what he has done to Yvette. But her other brother...well it should be fun to see him in the next book. *wink*. I think what was most charming about The Art Of Sinning was the bantering between Jeremy and Yvette. They build a bond to each other, its more like friendship but more than that, they like each other but don't act on what they feel. They just go with the flow and try to remain in control. I couldn't help but admire the way this story evolved, and the focus is the emotional bridges these two form with each other and how they help each other overcome their pasts and embrace a future together. A Warm and gentle romance that has me eager for the second book.
The Cover
I love the simplicity of this cover. I love the embrace, and the smirk on the male model's face...so Jeremy Keane.
Overall View
The Art Of Sinning is an enchanting love story that is sweet and fun, with enough emotional connection to keep you satisfied...simply wonderful!!

Series Order

The Art Of Sinning

The Study of Seduction

This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Sinning.

March 14, 2015 – Shelved