Margaret's Reviews > Finding Fisher

Finding Fisher by Dakota Madison

Mar 14, 2015

bookshelves: arc-or-committed-to-review, romance

Dakota Madison once again takes what appears to be a straight forward love story and gives it a twist that keeps you thoroughly engaged and turning the pages.

I really enjoyed watching Chloe find herself as she begins to piece together the truth about her now deceased fiancé. As she learns more and more about the life Franklin left behind, she also uncovers strengths in herself as she begins to realize that her pursuit of the “perfect life” that she has mapped out may not be where she finds happiness.

Fisher was just an honest to goodness good guy who was so much more than Chloe gave him credit for. It was fun watching him take Chloe by surprise as she watches him at work, sees him take care of his nephew, and witnesses the respect that he receives from his friends. I really loved watching him be there for Chloe, even when everyone seemed to blame her for what happened to Franklin. Fisher always seemed to know just what to say and do to comfort her, while also pushing her to step out of her comfort zone. He was smart, sweet, and was exactly what Chloe needed.

“It’s going to be okay. I promise.”
“How do you know?”
“Because it has to be.”

This book had everything I've come to expect from Dakota Madison – a nice love story with a sweet hero that also had a bit of angst and a few twists…but guaranteed to leave you smiling at the end.

I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Fisher.