JudithAnn's Reviews > Inhuman

Inhuman by Danielle Q. Lee

4207502
Sep 21, 2010

Read in September, 2010 — I own a copy

Cassia Tiponi is a twenty-year old student who needs to make some extra money to cover her tuition fees. She volunteers as a guinea pig and is subjected to a series of medical tests. She doesn’t like it a lot, but she goes back several times as the pay is quite good.

One day, when she goes back, she is questioned and locked in a room as it turns out she has non-human DNA. As she was abandoned at birth she has no idea what her background is but she’s being kept locked up as a criminal.

Unpleasant things happen to her and some good things too. Like the strong and handsome Keanu! Eventually Cassia learns more about her birth family.

What I thought:

I read this book in e-book format, which is not my favorite format, as I don’t own an e-reader. Still, on a relaxing Sunday afternoon with my laptop on the sofa, this was a compelling and easy book to read.

The book was a quick and easy read (ideal for a read-a-thon!). The writing was fluent but not very intricate. There was only the one storyline and chapters often ended with a bit of a weak “cliffhanger”, which was totally unnecessary. For instance “The door opened. The person entering the room was not who she had expected”. And then in the next chapter it turns out to be a minor character, nothing important.

I was intrigued by the premise and wanted to keep reading this book. Normally, I abandon e-books quite easily if they don’t keep my attention, but with this book I was quite happy to keep reading.

The story was a little unlikely sometimes. For instance, why did “they” wait for her to come back to the medical institute rather than go to her home and take her away?

I felt like this book could be the first of a series as the ending had potential for a further story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inhuman.