Lindsey Daniels's Reviews > Sold

Sold by Patricia McCormick

F 50x66

The book Sold is written by Patricia McCorimck and is story telling the life of a young girl sold in to prostitution. This book is catorigized as Memoir. The story takes place in a small town in Nepal revolving around the main character, Lakashmi, a 14 year old girl. Sold is written in script form and a chapter is usually 1 to 3 pages long and typed in poem form. I would recommend this book to anyone who is intrested in learning about other cultures or who would like to know how people in other cultures survive and live on a day to day basis. This is a short book, reading only 263 pages in poem form and could easily be read in a single day.

When i first saw this book I had no idea what it would be about, even after reading about it online. This book grabs and tears at your heart because of the way the author use her descriptive and visual language to make you feel like you are in the young girls place.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sold.

Finished Reading
September 21, 2010 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Nick (new)

Nick Fornicoia Lindsey,

This is a realistic fiction book. I am glad you were moved by the story in this novel.

message 2: by Santo (new)

Santo This is a great review. I would consider reading this book

Lindsey Daniels Santo wrote: "This is a great review. I would consider reading this book"

thank you!