Sarah Broadhurst's Reviews > The Reversal

The Reversal by Michael Connelly

Sep 20, 2010

Mickey Haller was introduced in The Lincoln Lawyer and then was reintroduced into The Brass Verdict alongside Harry Bosch. Now in The Reversal Haller is back to work on the retrial of Jason Jessup, following 24 years of incarceration for the crime which he still denies committing. However, Haller is approached to prosecute the case, working for the 'otherside' and sees him crossing the court room and working alongside his ex-wife. They also hire Harry Bosch to work as a private investigator behind the scenes.
I am a great fan of Michael Connelly's books and really enjoyed the Harry Bosch series, aswell as Mickey Haller book and each October I eagerly wait for the new book to be released. This year I was so pleased to receive this book early from the publishers and i was not disappointed when I read it!!!
I found this book to be a slightly different style. Each chapter starts with a date and time, which becomes important during the trial. The books starts off with Mickey Haller being offered the 'move to the other side of the court room' and follows the process through to the end of the trial.
In this review, I do not want to give away any of the book, besides to say it is as great as ever. I had thoughts as to the ending and although i was correct on one part, others remained a surprise.
I would recommend this book to all, and do not believe you need to have read previous books by Connelly to follow this book.
Thank you to gaby young from Orion Publishing for sending me a copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reversal.