Mary Beth *Traveling Sister*'s Reviews > The House at Riverton

The House at Riverton by Kate Morton

I really enjoyed this book and Wow! The ending was so shocking!! I was not expecting it! There were so many secrets in this book which made it very suspenseful! I just loved the characters, Hannah was very mysterious and Emmeline was very wild! Grace is a maid and she doesn't want to tell her story about The House at Riverton which is a film and they try to get information from her about her stay!

There was a lot of deaths in this book, but of course there is going to be when Grace who is 98 tells her story! I loved the secrets and thought they were thrilling and some very suspenseful. Its hard to write a review because I don't want to spoil anything! I did think the part when Emmeline went to the fortune teller and (view spoiler) I thought this was really creepy and spooky!

This was my first Kate Morton and will be reading many more.
I was surprised that Hannah let her husband and his family control her! She was strong in the beginning and then became very weak! Of course with everything that happened I would be very weak also after finding out what she went through at the ending at how Emmeline had reacted!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The House at Riverton.

March 13, 2015 – Shelved
March 13, 2015 – Shelved as: library-shelf2
January 9, 2016 – Started Reading
January 9, 2016 –
page 420
January 11, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review, Beth!!!

message 2: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review, Beth!!!

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Thanks Deanna! This was really good!