Dem's Reviews > I Am Pilgrim

I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes

This is one of those books that I passed in the book shop on numerous occasions without even picking up up because the cover didn't appeal to me and it just looked like way too many pages for my liking. Only on recommendations from two trustworthy friends did I eventually read this novel. Once again " never judge a book by its cover teaches me a valuable lesson. I really enjoyed this well crafted thriller. It's the sort of book you get into quite quickly and I loved the character development and really enjoyed the sense of time and place. There was times I must admit I found some of the scenes tough going and others a bit far fetched but it was a thriller that certainly kept me engrossed and turning the pages way into the night.

For readers who enjoy a good thriller and are not not put off by torture scenes then this is well worth your time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Pilgrim.

March 13, 2015 – Shelved
March 27, 2015 – Started Reading
March 28, 2015 –
page 40
March 31, 2015 –
page 250
April 4, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Dana (new)

Dana i was turned off the cover too, but then i also very rarely read thrillers because i am a wimp.

message 2: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa I certainly do enjoy a good thriller Dem - 4 stars from you so I'm looking forward to it now - moving it up the list!

Frances I agree Dem with your views! Also think it should have a better cover! :-O)